By now we’re all familiar with the glory that is the monthly subscription box, yes? That gift box that you receive every month full of an assortment of surprises based on a specific theme is one of the best inventions of our lifetime. If you’re a fashionista, a style maven or just someone looking to expand your makeup collection, these boxes are the perfect way to try new items at a much cheaper price. Plus, you get the joy of receiving something via snail mail! Here are 20 of our favorite style and beauty box subscriptions that will introduce you to new products you’ll love.
1. Julep ($25/month): Julep offers you a first look at trending styles in the beauty world, from colorful nail polishes to skin care products. Before the shipments set sail, they send a preview of what is included in the monthly box. If you see something that is so your friend and so not you, you can send that month’s products along to someone who might appreciate them more.
2. Stitch Fix ($20/month): Here’s how it works: You create a style profile. Based on that profile, you receive five hand-picked clothing items selected by Stitch Fix’s professional stylists. Then, you keep what you like and send the rest back!
3. Wantable ($36): Step one: Choose what kind of box you want — makeup, intimates or accessories. Next, take a short style quiz so they can learn what you love. Finally, let their stylists choose five top-notch products to send to you based on your likes and loves.
4. Fab.Fit.Fun ($50/season): Choose Fab. Fit. Fun, and four times a year you’ll get a box with inspirational fitness and wellness items as well as cool beauty items.
5. Beauty Box 5 ($99/year): This box differs from other beauty boxes because the samples are for budget-friendly products you can find at a drugstore or Target. So if you like something you try, you might actually buy the full-sized product.
6. Birchbox ($10/month): This is by far the most popular beauty subscription box out there. Tell Birchbox some basic stuff about yourself, like your skin type and hair type. Then, every month, they’ll send you a box full of sample size products, spanning everything from hand cream, hair products and perfume. Got a dapper dude in your life? Birchbox also comes in a male version!
7. Cocotique ($20/month): This monthly beauty box is specially designed for women of color. They also have a rewards program. You can get free boxes by completing surveys, reviewing products and referring your friends.
8. Indie Gift Box ($25/month): Dedicated to promoting independent artists and small businesses, Indie Gift Box features specialty handmade goods and delivers themed collections of unique goods from independent artisans every month.
9. Glossy Box ($21/month): Every month Glossy Box sends you five luxury beauty products. And you can forget about skimpy perfume samples. You won’t find any of that here.
10. Elf Beauty Bundle ($20/month): For half the price of what you would pay for these products individually, you’ll receive a box loaded with full-sized Elf products.
11. Stunner of The Month ($9/month): A new pair of sunglasses every month guarantees you’ll always have a pair no matter how fast you lose them!
12. Stylemint ($29/month): Created by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Stylemint has you take a style quiz, then every month they pick one item for you based on your style. Once they announce the item, you have five days to decide if you want it or not.
13. Panty by Post ($15/month): You get a pretty pair of underwear in the mail every month with this sexy subscription! If they don’t fit, you can exchange your pair, no problem.
14. Trunk Club: If you know a guy who hates shopping (ummm… most of them?), this is the perfect gift. Now he can look great without any of the hard work! Trunk Club isn’t exactly a monthly subscription service. Instead, they will only send a trunk when you request one; simply reach out to a stylist whenever you’re ready, and they’ll ship a new trunk right away.
15. Rent the Runway ($75/month): Unlike other subscription style services, RtR will let you actually choose what you want to wear instead of sending you a stylist-curated selection. You can select from over 1,000 pieces of “an endless rotation of designer statement pieces.” Pick three, and keep them for as long as you want or swap them for something new.
16. Brit Kits ($25): For the lover of all things DIY and style, check out our very own stylish kits for pretty projects that can easily be completed in a weekend.
17. My Muse Box ($15/month): Feel pretty and give to a good cause with these stylish boxes. Every two months, your My MuseBox offers you the opportunity to sample beauty products from international brands with a portion of their proceeds going to fund both educational projects and projects that provide access to clean water for children and families in developing countries.
18. Put This On ($45/every other month): Because every gentleman needs a good pocket square, every other month a handmade and hand-selected one will arrive in the mail for the male in your life. The selections span vintage pieces, prints from the finest mills in the world and everything in between.
19. Beautygram: These pretty pink boxes are a great alternative to sending the conventional flowers, fruits and other gift baskets. With a unique collection of curated, luxurious beauty and lifestyle products, these style boxes are a thoughtful way to pamper some of your favorite people.
20. Square Hue ($15/month): Curated to keep you in style every season, each box comes with three nail polishes with guarantees that you’ll never get the same color twice!
What type of subscription box would you most like to receive? Let us know in the comments below!