Procrastinators Rejoice! 11 Great Last Minute Gift Ideas
Being the perfect Santa for everyone on your list takes some serious time and effort. Dads who have everything, friends who want just about everything, husbands or wives who make you never stop wanting to impress (we’ve worked that one before)… it’s never easy, but always worthwhile. So if you’re running out of time — or energy — you can still be the fabulous gift giver we know you are with these ten awesome last-minute gifts. Our procrastinator’s guide is full of subscriptions, credits, and gift cards that you can buy and gift online anywhere and anytime.
And guess what else? We’ve teamed up with the folks at Wrapp to give you a super awesome suite of discounts, just for registering for Wrapp via Facebook… which is free. How cool is that? More on that after we round things up ;)
1. Birchbox: With a Birchbox subscription, you’ll be gifting a beautiful box filled with beauty samples every month. You can purchase a Birchbox subscription right from your computer, or even your phone! Our pick: one year subscription, $110.
2. The Fancy: A monthly Fancy Box includes a collection of items curated by the Fancy community, which we should note, includes a few fabulous celebrities. Each box includes almost $100 worth of products from the categories of your choice. Our pick: a three month subscription to the Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box (of course), $115. (via Purple Knee Socks)
3. Next Issue: If you have an avid reader to buy for this holiday season, consider a subscription to Next Issue, an app that gives users unlimited access to magazines published by Conde Nast, Hearst, Meredith, News Corp., and Time Inc. for a monthly subscription fee of $14.99. As a busy magazine lover, I’m a big fan of how Next Issue recreates the feeling of buying from a newsstand. Our pick: 12 month subscription, $179.88.
4. MoviePass: This one’s for the movie lover. A MoviePass subscription provides an almost unlimited movie going experience. For $35 a month, members can see one movie a day at almost any theater in the country. (Popcorn not included, but highly suggested.) Our pick: three month membership, $125. (via The Verge)
5. Uber: As an admittedly all-over-the-place city dweller, I swear by Uber. And we’ve been choosing the on-demand car service over calling cabs for years now. Some Uber credit will get your little traveler around over 50 cities that the company services in style. Our pick: $100 gift card. (via iMore)
6. TaskRabbit: A gift certificate for TaskRabbit is another great option for your favorite busy bees. You can actually eliminate the need for your loved ones to run errands by giving them the chance to outsource tasks to others in their neighborhood. They name the task and price (we think $200 will get you just about anything you need), and a network of pre-approved TaskRabbits bid to do it for you. Just like that, task completed. Our pick: $200 gift card.
7. Fab.com: We could suggest gift cards to just about any online store, but since we’ve always loved working with Fab.com, that’s where we’re going to direct you. With a gift card to Fab, you can give the gift of great design super easily. Our pick: $150 gift card. (via Vimeo)
8. Rent the Runway: For your always stylish friend or family member, credit to Rent the Runway is the perfect gift. The company lets you rent gowns (and matching jewelry) for just a fraction of the original cost, and you can order your chosen dress in two sizes so you never have to worry about the fit. Your giftee will always be dressed to impress. Our pick: $200 gift card. (via Lux & Concord)
9. Jetsetter: If you’re really looking to impress that special someone, splurge on a Jetsetter gift card for a future vacation. Thoughts of a romantic beach getaway or a quiet villa in Italy will be much appreciated during the holiday craziness. And hopefully those thoughts (and later plans!) will include you as well. Our pick: $500 gift card. (via Wired)
10. CleverCards: On the other end of the spectrum, if you want to send a handful of last-minute cards to all your friends and family, you can make adorable, photo-personalized holiday ones right from your phone or laptop and mail them out in just one sitting. Our pick: 20 cards for $2.08 each.
11. Wrapp: And finally, Wrapp! This app (available on iPhone or Android) lets you send your friends free or paid gifts, and you get a deal yourself. Who doesn’t love to give gifts and get a little back? As we mentioned earlier, we’ve teamed up Wrapp to serve up a whole bunch of deals to all of you awesome readers, just for registering for Wrapp via Facebook.
Here’s a quick list of all the Wrapp deals — you get to pick one once you register, so choose wisely!
– $10 off any order of $20 or more on Julep.com – details here.
– $15 free gift on Little Black Bag – details here
– 20 percent off orders over $40 on Poppin – details here.
– $6 free gift card at H&M – details here.
– $50 free gift card to GEMVARA – details here.
– 20 percent off any Casetagram order – details here.
– $10 free gift at White House | Black Market – details here.
What are your favorite last minute gifts? Let us know in the comments!