Those last few weeks of winter can drag on forever, especially if you’re rocking a post-work routine of shutting yourself in your cave (aka apartment) and hitting the light switches by 9pm. While Netflix and adult coloring books have been keeping you busy and dormant, it’s time to bring a little life — and light! — into your home with some modern lamps and pendant lighting. These 13 statement-making lamps will keep you happy through winter and still leave some dough for the rest of your spring decor budget. Buy or DIY — these lamps will definitely add a little light to your life.
1. DIY Emoji Marquee: OMG we have serious heart eyes for this lighting idea. Pick your favorite emoji, paint a piece of wood in sunshine yellow, drill a few holes and ta-da! You’ve got the cheeriest light fixture ever. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Copper + Concrete Lamp: Concrete and copper come together to make the coolest lamp on the block. The look is minimal, but totally on trend. Pop in a bright wattage bulb and you’re ready to take on those nighttime projects. (via Brit + Co)
3. Urban Outfitters Oval Bookend Lamp ($49): Function meets style meets function? Yes, please. A bookend lamp is a great way to combine two things you need in a small space, or just illuminate your excellent taste in reading material.
4. DIY Metal Hoop Light: If you can’t quite swing a chandelier in your small space, DIY a modern, metal hoop light instead. It takes up almost no space but makes a huge statement — with zero crystals involved. (via Brit + Co)
5. Tilda Bubble Table Lamp ($129): Who else sees giant gum balls on this lamp base? Or maybe a necklace? Either way, that glossy lamp is sure to brighten up your space even with subzero temps. It’ll spice up any space, from your home library or reading nook to your bathroom vanity table.
6. Urban Outfitters Gumball Desk Lamp ($69): We’re digging the bold coral hue and retro shape of this candy-inspired lamp. Good lighting = more productivity, right? Set this little guy up on your desk and prepare to destroy your to-do list.
7. DIY Mini Desk Marquee: Boost your work morale with a teeny tiny marquee light, right there on your desk. Spell out your favorite motto in card stock and use mini battery lights to get the glow. This is also an awesome option for all you renters out there who can’t hang a giant marquee light on your wall. (via A Joyful Riot)
8. DIY Gold Dipped Lightbulb Chandelier: It’s about to get all fancy up in here with this gold-dipped, deconstructed chandelier. Start saving up old lightbulbs, or head to the thrift store and stock up on cheap bulbs to make this glam fixture. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Wooden Cube Lamp: Turn your lighting on edge with this cool geometric lamp. No shade required here, but you can paint the cube any color you want to match or complement your room decor. (via Ohoh Blog)
10. Urban Outfitters General Store Lamp ($39): Boost your #shelfie game with these fancy mini lamps that offer just the right amount of mood lighting. Bonus hipster points for the cool Edison light bulb.
11. DIY Leather Pendant Light: Small space living shouldn’t cramp your lighting game, and this leather pendant has style for days. Leather is really easy to work with, and the end result looks totally professional. Plus, the bright white shade is great for faking some sunshine indoors. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Pineapple Night Light: Forget florals, it’s all about decorating with fruit this spring. Buy yellow jars or just fill clear jars with battery lights and yellow cellophane paper to light up the night with these pineapple mason masterpieces. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Are you looking for more creative home DIY projects? Make sure you’re following us on Pinterest for more decor inspo!