3 Bikini Trends You *Have* to Try This Summer
Summer is finally *officially* here, and we all know what that means – sun-kissed skin, beach waves and, of course, swimsuits galore. Sure, you always have your old faithful string bikini, or that classic one-piece that’s both practical and pretty, but don’t let that stop you from trying out something new to stand out from the crowd. This summer, there are three new Insta-approved swimwear silhouettes you’re bound to love. Scroll down for 16 bikinis that will give you all the inspo you need to try one of these three swoon-worthy bikini trends.
Modesty is the name of the game in swimwear lately, and high-neck tops are the perfect in-between for those of us who aren’t comfortable going super revealing, but still want to flaunt what our mamas gave us.
1. Cupshe Dream State Tropical Tank Bikini Set ($20): Tropical print, check. High neck, check. High waist, check. This bikini set lets you rock all of these popular trends at once.
2. Double Layered Mesh Bikini Top by Kendall + Kylie at Topshop ($68): Try this edgy mesh style for a look that’s equal parts smoldering and covered up. Black choker optional (but highly recommended).
#squadgoals to the beach with you this summer. The deep cut sleeves are flattering on everyone and offer just the right amount of cold shoulder action.
4. ModCloth In Tune With the Tides Swimsuit Top in Burgers ($50): This top is proof that bathing suit season is the perfect time to go nuts with prints, especially one as adorable as burgers. Show the world that getting a bikini body doesn’t mean giving up your favorite foods.
5. Seafolly Spot On High Neck Bikini Tank Top ($112): Polka dots are an easy way to get a more retro vibe, while the contrast trim and ruched front keep this top looking fresh and flirty.
6. Target Digi High Neck Swim Top Multi-Colored ($20): Colorful geometric shapes are always a win in our book. Switch out the black bottoms for a brightly colored pair for endless playful combos.
so on point for the season, and this pale lavender background is a refreshing twist on the tropical photo-print motif.
8. ModCloth Ya Swim Some, Ya Cruise Some Swimsuit Bottom ($40): What’s not to love about neons for summer? The dotted textured fabric adds some dimension to the look, and we’re all for anything that reminds us of delicious popsicles.
9. ASOS CURVE Pretty Floral Print Contrast High Waist Bikini Bottom ($30): Florals for summer? Obvi. While this classic print is a go-to for summer, this version feels RN thanks to the stark black piping that keeps it from looking too precious.
10. Cupshe Give the Summer a Hit Striped Top and Orange Bottom Bikini Set ($12): Matching sets are great and all, but why not push your look to the limit with contrasting colors like black and white stripes with a bright orange?
11. ModCloth Parasail Away With Me Swimsuit Bottom in Splatters ($40): Black and yellow can be tricky to pull off, but this paint splatter print gives the color combo just the right amount of kooky without verging into bumblebee territory.
Yup, the off-shoulder trend has infiltrated every corner of our wardrobe, and we LOVE it. A bardot-inspired top can add a touch of sweetness to an otherwise sexy look.
12. Palm Print Bardot Bikini Top by Kendall + Kylie at Topshop ($48): Kendall and Kylie are on their way to proving that they have some serious design chops, and their swimwear line is no exception. This off-the-shoulder top is cute enough to rock beyond the beach.
13. O’Neill Women’s Lux Solids Off-the-Shoulder Bikini Top ($52): Luxe is absolutely the right word to describe this top, with its deep, metallic sapphire color and gorgeous ruffle detail. Pair with a pair of trend-right culottes to double up on summer fashion fads.
14. Free People Rose Stripe Bikini Top ($70): The stripes, the bandeau top and the Brigitte Bardot sleeves — it all screams French-girl style in the most classic and effortless way possible.
15. ASOS Oh My Love Palm Print Off Shoulder Bikini Top ($38): More palm prints, you ask? Well, you can never have too much of a good thing! Keep the vacay vibes going with this tropical number.
A Bikini a Day are known for their killer bikinis, so trust us when we say that pieces from their collab are a must buy. Cue the ’90s-era nostalgia with this fire-engine red hue that evokes memories of Baywatch, in the best way possible.
Want to get more bathing suit inspiration? Check us out on Pinterest for more styles to get you ready for the summer.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.