After years of giving one-piece swimsuits the cold shoulder, you’ve finally decided to embrace the one-and-done trend and have added a sophisticated suit or two to your summer lineup. Because, hello, the #OOTD factor is so there. But what if we were to tell you that your one-piece’s sartorial potential goes well beyond the beach? That’s right — it’s got you covered any day of the week, especially now that bodysuits have made a major comeback. The streamlined — and sometimes daring — silhouette is perfect for taking an everyday outfit to the next level or throwing together a seaside-ready getup in two seconds flat. Meet the 17 seriously stylish one-piece swimsuits that are guaranteed to become your new go-to double-duty piece.
1. SeaFolly Australia Out of the Blue Patchwork One Piece Maillot ($192): Double denim is about to get a whole lot more interesting thanks to this pretty patchwork suit with throwback flair. When you’re not kickin’ it poolside, pair it up with a button-front skirt and gladiator sandals for an off-duty getup perfect for casual coffee dates and summer soirees.
2. Calvin Klein Intense Power Plunge Swimsuit ($108): Cue the bomber jackets and sporty slides — this sunny yellow number is the key to endless athleisure ensembles. The only thing missing? A sleek chignon and an ear climber with undeniable attitude.
3. Zara Halter Neck Swimsuit ($36): Introducing the It-girl uniform of spring and summer 2016: a lace-up onesie and relaxed-fit denim combo. Take the no-fail ensemble for a test drive while you’re out running errands, or bust it out for a night out with the girls, suede jacket and embroidered clutch in hand.
4. Nasty Gal Skye Oil Slick Hologram Swimsuit ($98): Fit for a dancing queen, this slick suit will ensure all eyes stay on you as you bring it on the dance floor. Leather-look trousers and a shimmery body chain that will make even the disco ball jealous are a must.
5. Motel Rainbow Tube Top With Plunge Swimsuit ($57): Because you can never have too much color, this technicolor stunner needs to make its way into your wardrobe STAT. The bright bandeau is sure to send bad days packin’, and perks up closet basics just like that.
6. Red Carter Friendship Bracelet Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit ($155): One-pieces don’t have to mean maximum coverage, and this red-hot monokini is proof. A plunging keyhole neckline and bold side cutouts are sassy rather than sweet, with colorful braided detailing drawing the eye straight to the suit’s most dramatic features. Team it with beachy waves, cutoff shorts and a fringe-flecked belt bag for a festival-approved look that’s ready for anything.
7. Beach Riot Gia Swimsuit ($215): A one-piece with this much attitude definitely deserves a place in your after-hours rotation. Rose gold embellishments lend the suit a don’t-mess edge that will instantly toughen up flowy skirts and sophisticated jackets in seconds. Chokers and statement stilettos are obligatory.
8. Contour by Lezard Colette Reversible One-Piece Swimsuit ($148): This two-sided suit is what #OOTD dreams are made of, people! Show off your style know-how once brunch rolls around by pairing it with airy palazzos and colorful clogs that scream boho babe.
9. Seafolly Mesh About One-Piece Swimsuit ($192): Nope — this is NOT that neon Speedo suit you rocked on the regular back in the day. Cutouts, honeycomb mesh and a keyhole back strike just the right balance of flirty and sports chic, making this one you’ll reach for again and again.
10. Nasty Gal Nude Wave Paneled Swimsuit ($98): Proof that not all one-pieces are created equal, this sheer show-stopper is dishin’ out those boss-lady vibes like whoa. Style it with floral flares and strappy sandals for a getup that’s downright fierce.
11. Suboo Spliced Maillot ($198): If your LBD has you feelin’ meh, look to your fave one-and-done bathing suit to give your date-night style a boost. Balance out the daring cutouts with a pleated midi skirt and lace-up pumps that have the whole ladylike thing on lock. Round out the outfit with a half-up hairstyle (complete with gold geometric clip) and a pretty pink mani, then watch as the compliments come rolling in.
12. Beach Riot Coqui Bathing Suit ($200): No summer wardrobe is complete without a palm print or two, and that’s where this tropical number comes in. Whether you rock it solo for a lazy afternoon in the sand or team it with high-waisted shorts and pom-tastic sandals for a backyard barbecue, it’ll never steer you wrong.
13. Kenneth Cole New York High Neck Monokini Swimsuit ($115): Whether you’re headed to the Hamptons or plan on catching a few rays in the park, this is the monokini you need to take along on all your warm-weather adventures. Style it on the fly with a scarf-turned-sarong, straw tote and colorful shades for never-ending fun in the sun.
14. Beth Richards Sophia One Piece ($260): This pale blue beauty is right on trend for an after-hours ensemble. Teamed with a metallic midi skirt or a sleek two-piece suit, it makes a totally unexpected addition to any “I do”-approved getup.
15. Blue Life Mirage Halter One-Piece Swimsuit ($154): Who needs the perfect LWD when you can have this LWOP (that’s little white one-piece) instead? Dress it up with belted culottes and a few statement jewels, or pare it down with silk shorts and a floppy hat for leisurely seaside strolls.
16. She Made Me Daisy One Piece ($160): A crocheted swimsuit — especially one this Insta-worthy — is obligatory in every free-wheelin’ femme’s summer lineup. Earn some serious street style cred when you rock it with a denim A-line skirt and iconic Dr. Marten boots. Round sunnies and mandatory choker necklaces (unfortunately) not included.
17. Marysia Swim Mott Swimsuit ($319): Okay, so it’s a splurge, but you’re bound to get a lot of mileage out of this petit pocket of sunshine. Pair it with a tiered eyelet skirt and an elegant updo for a summer wedding in the sand or a bit of al fresco dining with bae.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.