Sunglasses are important for protecting your eyes from harmful UV rays (not to mention allowing you to just plain see in general on a super sunny day) and that means you should always, as in 24/7/365, have a pair on hand. Turns out Anna Wintour and Karl Lagerfeld were definitely on to something there. If you’re one of those people who’s constantly losing, sitting on or scratching your shades, you’re probably going to want to start stocking up on sunnies now. Here are 19 stylish options for spring to help you protect your eyes in style.
1. Retro Pastel Round Cat Eye Sunglasses ($10): Nothing says spring or summer quite like a bright pair of yellow sunnies.
2. Saturday Morning Oversized Round Sunglasses ($20): Striped plastic frames have a playful avant-garde effect on this pair of round retro shades.
3. ASOS Metal Top Cat Eye Sunglasses With Built-Up Highbrow ($22): Color blocked frames and sleek metal detailing add a contemporary touch to these retro cat eye glasses.
4. Le Specs Halfmoon Magic Sunglasses ($60): Le Specs shades are a fave of celebs like Beyoncé, Rihanna and Solange, but you won’t have to drop a lot of cash to steal their style — they’re surprisingly affordable. This bright pink pair in particular has been worn by the likes of Olivia Palermo and Kate Moss. Now that’s saying something.
5. Warby Parker Quimby Sunglasses ($95): Bright green frames channel the freshness of spring while brightening up your face on days when you need a little boost.
6. Gentle Monster Naboo PD1 Sunglasses ($345): This is one pair of sunglasses you seriously don’t want to lose, and not just because of the price tag. These retro horn-rimmed sunglasses take chic eyewear to the next level.
7. Indie Native Print Sunglasses ($11): With purplish lenses and a funky feel, these shades make the perfect pair for festival season.
8. Wildfox Ivy 55mm Sunglasses ($179): If turning heads is what you’re after, these futuristic-meets-’50s feminine specs will do the trick.
9. Capital Eyewear Lisa Walnut Sunglasses ($165): The best part about these unique wood shades? They’re made from sustainably harvested hardwood. It’s fashion you can feel good about — we’re down with that.
10. Komono Bonnie Clear Gold Sunglasses ($54): Inspired by mid-century geometric design, these funky round glasses merge throwback style with modern features, like moldable temples that let you customize the glasses for the most comfortable fit.
11. Zerouv P3 Round Mirror Sunglasses ($10): These high-shine shades are perfect for people watching while keeping those peepers protected.
12. Urban Outfitters Emma Sunglasses ($18): Classic tortoiseshell feels fresh on a pair of oversized round sunnies.
13. Local Supply Airport MIA ($80): Australians seem to know a thing or two about on-trend eyewear, and Local Supply is no exception. Statement-making red frames put a new twist on the iconic aviator style.
14. & Other Stories Double Frame Metal Sunglasses ($39): Flower-child frames get a sleek upgrade with two rings of bright white metal for a chic, laid-back look.
15. Quay Australia Steelcat Sunglasses ($37): Gold cutout frames make these sunnies the coolest cat eyes around.
16. illesteva Leonard Half & Half Cream With Silver Mirrored Lenses ($177): Half cream, half tortoiseshell, these glasses were made with the indecisive in mind.
17. Zerouv Heart Shape Sunglasses ($10): Show those peepers some love with heart-shaped shades in a cool baby blue hue.
18. Komono Stella Sunglasses ($100): Ivory tortoiseshell frames make these oversized sunglasses appropriate year-round.
What are your shades of choice? What style are you most excited to try? Tell us in the comments!