From Anthro to Zara: The 26 Best Spring Buys for Under $100
As avid shoppers, we look forward to a major wardrobe overhaul every season — the excitement of new cuts, fresh colors and never-worn-before trends is hard to beat. But to be honest, we could pass up the hunt. You know, the rack-scrounging, endless scrolling and the careful budgeting that all go along with a brand-new closet, especially with the clothing purge that is spring cleaning right around the corner. You too?
1. Anthropologie Glimmered Tee ($68): Talk about a next-level basic. Why would you ever wear a plain white tee when you could be rocking a metallic one?
2. American Apparel Madeline Jumpsuit ($82): Every girl needs a wear-anywhere jumpsuit. This spring, wear it to work with a blazer and heeled mules, then ditch the layer for a choker and stacking rings for a night out.
3. ASOS First & I Duster Coat ($57): This might be the perfect transitional weather coat: lightweight yet longline to keep the breezes at bay, and tailored enough to go from desk to date. Wear with a matching hemline — culottes or a midi skirt — for extra style points.
5. Charles & Keith Slip On Espadrille Loafers ($63): This platform/loafer hybrid screams spring break, but is classy enough to wear to work, too. We’re picturing them as a perfect PIC to your office-friendly jeans during the next Casual Friday.
6. COS Ceramic Bead Necklace ($45): A minimal, sculptural necklace that mimics the moon phases? It’s a must-wear with your chambray top or LBD.
7. Forever21 Pleated Woven Culottes ($25): Nail two of spring’s biggest trouser trends — culottes and a paperbag-style waist — in these salmon-hued crops. The cinch at the waist guarantees a flattering shape regardless of the wide-legged silhouette.
8. Free People Woolrich Rancher Hat ($58): Bedheads rejoice: when it comes to hats and hair accessories, cowgirl chic is in. Toss on a rancher hat over blue jeans and a poncho for classic flair, or add it as an unexpected accent to a girly lace dress.
9. GAP 1969 Denim Jacket ($70): Put an of-the-moment twist on the seasonal staple by opting for an all-white denim jacket. Now look how easy wearing jean on jean (on jean!) can be!
10. H&M Flared Coat ($80): This streamlined spring coat marries two very different trends — kimono jackets and varsity stripes — in one really gorgeous way. Besides wearing it around the office in place of your well-loved cardigan, this piece can dress up your coziest outfits just like that.
11. J.Crew Pleat-Front Mini Skirt ($98): Step outside the spring color box with this fluorescent green mini skirt sure to shake up your date night attire.
12. Kate Spade Saturday Initial Crew Neck T-Shirt ($95): It’s hard to pass up a sweatshirt these days, period. This one with boldy striped initials is almost impossible to resist for both weekend and office wear.
13. LOFT Bedrock Maxi Dress ($98): Skip the predictable floral prints with this shape-patterned dress that will turn heads whether you’re lounging on the beach or sipping mimosas at brunch.
14. Madewell Poolside Fan Earrings ($17): Sculptural studs aren’t going out of style any time soon, and these starburst-shaped earrings give us plenty of reason to pull our hair back. They’re minimal yet ladylike, metallic but rock a pop of color, and dainty yet totally eye-catching.
15. Mango Flared Flare Jeans ($70): The freshest air you can breath into your spring denim is a pair of flares. Trust us: there are plenty of ways to make ’70s-style denim feel more than Coachella-chic.
16. Nasty Gal Moonage Metallic Barrette ($18): Whether you’re a wake-up-and-go kind of gal or you budget time in your morning routine to pamper your mane, give your locks some lunar love with this crescent-shaped barrette.
17. Need Supply Julie Thevenot Chunky Short Striped Island Choker ($85): Pukka shells get a so-2015 makeover with blocks of sleek vinyl beads and a vibrant pop of color. Wear this with your most tropical of tanks, or even your best 9-to-5 button up.
18. Old Navy Jersey Midi Pencil Skirt ($27): Rethink French girl stripes for spring with this multi-striped midi that would look tres chic with a tee and trainers or a cami and platform pumps.
19. & Other Stories Clare Vivier Leather Bum Bag ($85): If you’re going to try to wear the modern fanny pack, this is the one to take for a spin. Made from soft leather in an electric poppy red, you’ll feel the hands-free love with this laced in your boyfriend jean belt loops.
20. Pixie Market Lavender Neoprene Cropped Biker Jacket ($79): Who knew spring pastels could look this cool? Update the biker chick look with this lavender moto jacket in soft-but-structured neoprene.
21. Reformation Obvious Cressida Tee ($38): We’ve found your live-in spring tee. Thanks to the chic stripes, the paper-thin top won’t feel too casual, no matter how many days you’ve worn it in a row.
22. Target Mossimo Asymmetrical A-Line Dress ($30): A new season calls for a new LBD. Thanks to the asymmetric hemline, this number is flirty beyond belief (and a prime candidate to wear with trousers, too!).
23. Topshop Jive Metallic Mid-Heel Shoes ($75): The playful pink metallic finish and the dance-all-night block heel means this pair is about to make your feet very, very happy. There’s no way we’re reserving these for special occasions: cuff your denim and strap these on for a super cute day date look.
24. Urban Outfitters Pine & Boon Perforated Convertible Clutch ($88): We’re passing up the mini bag fad for a more practical totable, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Bright blue suede and a perforated finish seal the deal for this convertible clutch.
25. Without Walls Cage Bra ($48): Besides screaming #FrontRow, this cage sports bra is badass enough to wear under your sheerest of tops. From the yoga mat to the cocktail bar? Priceless.
26. Zara Suede Cowboy Boots ($100): This season, it’s all about the colorful shoes. Update your ankle boot collection of browns, blacks and tans with these glamorous steppers that look just as good on a dinner date as they do on the festival grounds.
Where are your favorite places to shop for spring? Tell us about your best finds so far in the comments below.