From Anthro to Zara: The 26 Best Spring Buys for Under $100
As avid shoppers, we look forward to a major wardrobe overhaul every season — the excitement of new cuts, fresh colors and never-worn-before trends is hard to beat. But to be honest, we could pass up the hunt. You know, the rack-scrounging, endless scrolling and the careful budgeting that all go along with a brand-new closet, especially with the clothing purge that is spring cleaning right around the corner. You too?
1. Anthropologie Glimmered Tee ($68): Talk about a next-level basic. Why would you ever wear a plain white tee when you could be rocking a metallic one?
2. American Apparel Madeline Jumpsuit ($82): Every girl needs a wear-anywhere jumpsuit. This spring, wear it to work with a blazer and heeled mules, then ditch the layer for a choker and stacking rings for a night out.
3. ASOS First & I Duster Coat ($57): This might be the perfect transitional weather coat: lightweight yet longline to keep the breezes at bay, and tailored enough to go from desk to date. Wear with a matching hemline — culottes or a midi skirt — for extra style points.
5. Charles & Keith Slip On Espadrille Loafers ($63): This platform/loafer hybrid screams spring break, but is classy enough to wear to work, too. We’re picturing them as a perfect PIC to your office-friendly jeans during the next Casual Friday.
6. COS Ceramic Bead Necklace ($45): A minimal, sculptural necklace that mimics the moon phases? It’s a must-wear with your chambray top or LBD.
7. Forever21 Pleated Woven Culottes ($25): Nail two of spring’s biggest trouser trends — culottes and a paperbag-style waist — in these salmon-hued crops. The cinch at the waist guarantees a flattering shape regardless of the wide-legged silhouette.
8. Free People Woolrich Rancher Hat ($58): Bedheads rejoice: when it comes to hats and hair accessories, cowgirl chic is in. Toss on a rancher hat over blue jeans and a poncho for classic flair, or add it as an unexpected accent to a girly lace dress.
9. GAP 1969 Denim Jacket ($70): Put an of-the-moment twist on the seasonal staple by opting for an all-white denim jacket. Now look how easy wearing jean on jean (on jean!) can be!
10. H&M Flared Coat ($80): This streamlined spring coat marries two very different trends — kimono jackets and varsity stripes — in one really gorgeous way. Besides wearing it around the office in place of your well-loved cardigan, this piece can dress up your coziest outfits just like that.
11. J.Crew Pleat-Front Mini Skirt ($98): Step outside the spring color box with this fluorescent green mini skirt sure to shake up your date night attire.
12. Kate Spade Saturday Initial Crew Neck T-Shirt ($95): It’s hard to pass up a sweatshirt these days, period. This one with boldy striped initials is almost impossible to resist for both weekend and office wear.
13. LOFT Bedrock Maxi Dress ($98): Skip the predictable floral prints with this shape-patterned dress that will turn heads whether you’re lounging on the beach or sipping mimosas at brunch.
14. Madewell Poolside Fan Earrings ($17): Sculptural studs aren’t going out of style any time soon, and these starburst-shaped earrings give us plenty of reason to pull our hair back. They’re minimal yet ladylike, metallic but rock a pop of color, and dainty yet totally eye-catching.
15. Mango Flared Flare Jeans ($70): The freshest air you can breath into your spring denim is a pair of flares. Trust us: there are plenty of ways to make ’70s-style denim feel more than Coachella-chic.
16. Nasty Gal Moonage Metallic Barrette ($18): Whether you’re a wake-up-and-go kind of gal or you budget time in your morning routine to pamper your mane, give your locks some lunar love with this crescent-shaped barrette.
17. Need Supply Julie Thevenot Chunky Short Striped Island Choker ($85): Pukka shells get a so-2015 makeover with blocks of sleek vinyl beads and a vibrant pop of color. Wear this with your most tropical of tanks, or even your best 9-to-5 button up.
18. Old Navy Jersey Midi Pencil Skirt ($27): Rethink French girl stripes for spring with this multi-striped midi that would look tres chic with a tee and trainers or a cami and platform pumps.
19. & Other Stories Clare Vivier Leather Bum Bag ($85): If you’re going to try to wear the modern fanny pack, this is the one to take for a spin. Made from soft leather in an electric poppy red, you’ll feel the hands-free love with this laced in your boyfriend jean belt loops.
20. Pixie Market Lavender Neoprene Cropped Biker Jacket ($79): Who knew spring pastels could look this cool? Update the biker chick look with this lavender moto jacket in soft-but-structured neoprene.
21. Reformation Obvious Cressida Tee ($38): We’ve found your live-in spring tee. Thanks to the chic stripes, the paper-thin top won’t feel too casual, no matter how many days you’ve worn it in a row.
22. Target Mossimo Asymmetrical A-Line Dress ($30): A new season calls for a new LBD. Thanks to the asymmetric hemline, this number is flirty beyond belief (and a prime candidate to wear with trousers, too!).
23. Topshop Jive Metallic Mid-Heel Shoes ($75): The playful pink metallic finish and the dance-all-night block heel means this pair is about to make your feet very, very happy. There’s no way we’re reserving these for special occasions: cuff your denim and strap these on for a super cute day date look.
24. Urban Outfitters Pine & Boon Perforated Convertible Clutch ($88): We’re passing up the mini bag fad for a more practical totable, but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Bright blue suede and a perforated finish seal the deal for this convertible clutch.
25. Without Walls Cage Bra ($48): Besides screaming #FrontRow, this cage sports bra is badass enough to wear under your sheerest of tops. From the yoga mat to the cocktail bar? Priceless.
26. Zara Suede Cowboy Boots ($100): This season, it’s all about the colorful shoes. Update your ankle boot collection of browns, blacks and tans with these glamorous steppers that look just as good on a dinner date as they do on the festival grounds.
Where are your favorite places to shop for spring? Tell us about your best finds so far in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)