Summer is just around the corner, which means bare shoulders, lots of leg, and bare backs — AKA high season for exposed skin. It is officially time to break out of your cold-weather pale complexion and embrace safe sun-kissed skin courtesy of the best sunless tanners on the market. You won’t have to worry about streaks or stains with these self-tanning lotions, serums, and mists designed to give you the ultimate faux glow.
1. Clinique Sun-Kissed Face Gelee Complexion Multitasker ($27): This instant facial bronzer blends with your own serum, moisturizer, or foundation to bring a complexion-boosting glow to your face.
2. Elta MD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 ($30): Safe for even the most sensitive skin, this mineral sunscreen comes with a subtle tint that leaves behind a simple, subtle color that looks like you’ve spent the afternoon in the park.
3. Hampton Sun Sunless Tanning Mist ($36): This genius mist gives you all the benefits of a bronzy glow without the messy application.
4. Whish Coconut Milk Self Tanner ($38): The coconut milk-filled formula nourishes, moisturizes, and soothes your skin while imparting an all-organic, natural-looking glow.
5. Vita Liberata Luxury Tan Fabulous Self-Tanning Gradual Lotion ($30): This daily moisturizer provides you with subtle, buildable pigment that won’t stain your clothes. Plus it’s specially formulated to ensure you won’t smell like chemicals.
6. Jergen’s Natural Glow 3 Days To Glow Daily Moisturizer ($9): Natural-looking color in just three days? We’ll take it. This industry fave belongs in every beauty lovers’ cabinet due to its gradual color results.
7. TAN-LUXE The Face Anti-Age Rejuvenating Self-Tan Drops ($50): Just a few drops of this anti-aging serum into your moisturizer will keep your face looking luminous and ever-so-slightly tanned.
8. Tarte Brazilliance Plus+ Self-Tanner + Mitt ($39): Woohoo! Tarte just gave their best-selling self-tanner an upgrade via a streak-free gel that comes with its own handy little mit for even application (and stain-free hands).
9. St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse ($44): You’re in total control of your newly bronzed complexion when you use this best-selling self-tanner. Leave it on for one hour for just a hint of a golden hue, or up to three for a seaside-inspired shade of tan.
10. Clarins Delicious Self-Tanning Cream ($46): This bronze-building formula not only features soothing ingredients like aloe vera and cocoa, but it also can be used for an all-over golden effect.
What’s your favorite way to fake ‘n bake? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.