8 Skin Care, Makeup Products That Double As Self Tanners
While we love the idea of sunless tanning products (a bronzey glow without the UV damage? Yes, please!), adding yet another step into our beauty routines is just not in the cards. Save time and consider opting for a multi-use beauty product that tans you as you wear it. Genius, right? The picks below, including a face serum and water mist, perform their intended use (delivering vitamins and hydration to your skin) while also building a subtle tan with regular use. As in, what are you waiting for? Stock up now, and get your glow on.
1. Vita Liberata Trystal Minerals Self Tanning Bronzing Minerals ($45): Apply this bronzer as you would normally, but, whereas traditional products rinse off, this leaves behind a glow that lasts up to five days.
2. Almay Healthy Glow Makeup + Gradual Self Tan ($13): For medium coverage and a luminous finish, apply this natural-looking foundation, boosted with SPF 20, that darkens your skin over time.
3. Coola Organic Sunless Tan Anti-Aging Face Serum ($54): Argan oil, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and plant stem cell cultures deliver hydrating, anti-aging benefits — and a bronzed complexion with regular use. Add a few drops to your moisturizer for a more subtle look or apply it straight on your skin ahead of spring break.
4. Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer ($9): Because your body soaks up extra moisture when your skin is wet, it only makes sense to apply lotion before you completely towel off. Simply apply the hybrid moisturizer and tanner to your bod while your skin is still damp and let dry.
5. James Read H20 Tan Mist ($31): With each spritz of this calming mist (either before or after you apply makeup), you’ll build the perfect tan and give your skin a dose of hydrating rose water and minerals in the process.
6. St. Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Firming ($35): We love the look of golden skin, but if we aren’t comfortable showing it off, what’s the point? Opt for this four-in-one product that firms, moisturizes, tans, and tones your body for a flawless beachy look year-round.
7. Josie Maran Argan Liquid Gold Self-Tanning Face Oil ($42): Argan oil seriously hydrates the skin, which makes us love this self-tanning oil even more. While your skin is savoring the 100 percent pure argan oil, the natural DHA gets to work to deliver a lit-from-within glow IRL.
8. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Glow Pad for Body ($45): Finish two steps done in one with these single-use towelettes that slough off dead, dull skin as they get you glowin’. As an added bonus, you’ll even shave less frequently, as the pads minimize hair texture, length, and growth. Talk about a summertime staple!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.