This Rainbow Highlight Hair Trend Is Totally Worth the Upkeep
When you think of highlights, a few looks probably come to mind. From balayage hair to gray streaks, there are so many cool, unique ways to add trending color to your locks. But this latest style takes simple, seasonal highlights to a whole other level. Rainbow highlights are the latest Instagram trend you need to see to believe. It’s bold and OTT — and totally worth the upkeep. Don’t believe us? Take a peek at the styles below.
1. Ombrelights: When you can’t decide between ombre or highlights, give this option a go. The gradient tones from pink to yellow featuring rainbow highlights add dimension to an already rad look.
2. Rainbow Streaks: Whoever said blondes have all the fun clearly hasn’t seen this hairdo. Add rainbow highlights to your bangs and middle area of your tresses to put a new stamp on ’90s-era streaks.
3. Oil Slick: This oil slick hairdo is a must-do for festival season. Use stencils or hair tatts to bring rainbow touches to your unicorn-inspired look.
4. Psychedelic Hair: Whether you’re rocking freshly blown-out hair or next-day tresses, this rainbow highlighted look is surely a crowd-pleaser.
5. Rainbow Brite: Pay homage to your fave throwback style with this lavender undertoned rainbow look.
6. Zigzag: Who needs symmetrical highlights when you can zigzag them like this? Start at the crown and work your way down to create the illusion of refracted light.
7. Rainbow Ring: While this look is not for the faint of heart, it’s perfect for someone who wants to add a bit of drama to a sleek bob.
Tweet us your favorite hair trends @BritandCo!