Get Your Groove on With These 11 Tie-Dye and Black Nails
Fall is all about trying something new, and that goes for everything from your dye job to your digits. But adding a few cold-weather details doesn’t mean you have to abandon some of the tried-and-true trends you loved all summer long. Case in point: tie-dye nails. Tie-dye nails were a big trend over the summer, and we can totally see why. With a killer combo of all your fave colors, tie-dye nails are the perfectly groovy design destined to bring festival vibes to your life all year round. Channel that boho life for your autumn nail art by pairing the swirly details with dark nails, and voila — you’re ready for fall! No matter the length of your nails, you can still pull off this must-try trend. Looking for some inspo? Check out these 11 tie-dye and black digits.
- Crazy Colorful: Can’t stick to just one color? Alternate turquoise, black and tie dye. Take it to the next level with tiny gold details.
- Drip Dye: This Jen Stark-inspired look is all about good vibes, great colors and groovy drops. It’s the perfect mani for Art Basel.
- Hip Hippie: Tie dye + peace sign + yin yang + glitter = the perfect festival or holiday mani. Slate sparkles take the place of black polish in this peace-loving design.
- Edgy Vibes: Winter is coming, ladies, and that means moody makeup and polish shades are officially in the mix. Embrace your dark side with a black, red and white swirl design.
- Primary Colors: Proof that short nails can pull off this trend too, this design totally nails tie-dye chic. Not into neon? Try a more classic combo. Red, blue and yellow, anyone?
- Glitter: Dagger nails get a double dose of glam with gold glitter and colorful tips. Feel free to skip the b***h decals when you do it yourself…
- Starburst: Channel your inner hippie with a psychedelic, rainbow accent nail. Rock this boho mani with your fave band tee.
- Yin Yang: Who says you can only have one accent nail? Break the rules by painting a pretty tie-dye on your ring finger and drawing a zen yin yang on your middle.
- Swirl: A classic black manicure gets a ’70s update with a swirling tie-dye accent nail. This look screams free love for everyone.
- Drips: Try a new twist on tie-dye by incorporating black drops at the base of your nail. Paint on the colors of your choosing as the base and finish with black polish paint drips on the top layer.
- Navy: Okay, you caught us — these nails are navy blue. But they’re so cool, we couldn’t resist. Use a fine-tipped nail brush to smudge on various shades of your go-to colors for fall.
Can’t get enough nail art designs and DIY tutorials? Follow Brit + Co on Pinterest.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)