Fall is all about trying something new, and that goes for everything from your dye job to your digits. But adding a few cold-weather details doesn’t mean you have to abandon some of the tried-and-true trends you loved all summer long. Case in point: tie-dye nails. Tie-dye nails were a big trend over the summer, and we can totally see why. With a killer combo of all your fave colors, tie-dye nails are the perfectly groovy design destined to bring festival vibes to your life all year round. Channel that boho life for your autumn nail art by pairing the swirly details with dark nails, and voila — you’re ready for fall! No matter the length of your nails, you can still pull off this must-try trend. Looking for some inspo? Check out these 11 tie-dye and black digits.
- Crazy Colorful: Can’t stick to just one color? Alternate turquoise, black and tie dye. Take it to the next level with tiny gold details.
- Drip Dye: This Jen Stark-inspired look is all about good vibes, great colors and groovy drops. It’s the perfect mani for Art Basel.
- Hip Hippie: Tie dye + peace sign + yin yang + glitter = the perfect festival or holiday mani. Slate sparkles take the place of black polish in this peace-loving design.
- Edgy Vibes: Winter is coming, ladies, and that means moody makeup and polish shades are officially in the mix. Embrace your dark side with a black, red and white swirl design.
- Primary Colors: Proof that short nails can pull off this trend too, this design totally nails tie-dye chic. Not into neon? Try a more classic combo. Red, blue and yellow, anyone?
- Glitter: Dagger nails get a double dose of glam with gold glitter and colorful tips. Feel free to skip the b***h decals when you do it yourself…
- Starburst: Channel your inner hippie with a psychedelic, rainbow accent nail. Rock this boho mani with your fave band tee.
- Yin Yang: Who says you can only have one accent nail? Break the rules by painting a pretty tie-dye on your ring finger and drawing a zen yin yang on your middle.
- Swirl: A classic black manicure gets a ’70s update with a swirling tie-dye accent nail. This look screams free love for everyone.
- Drips: Try a new twist on tie-dye by incorporating black drops at the base of your nail. Paint on the colors of your choosing as the base and finish with black polish paint drips on the top layer.
- Navy: Okay, you caught us — these nails are navy blue. But they’re so cool, we couldn’t resist. Use a fine-tipped nail brush to smudge on various shades of your go-to colors for fall.
Can’t get enough nail art designs and DIY tutorials? Follow Brit + Co on Pinterest.