When we’re crunched for time on busy days, our go-to workout is a total body toning routine. A total body workout will sculpt your gorgeous bod from head to toe and boost your metabolism to burn calories all day long.
This five-move circuit uses compound moves that work multiple muscle groups at the same time. It tones your booty, sculpts your core, strengthens your arms, and burns major calories. Now let’s get physical!
Go through the circuit three times!
1. Braced Squat: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell in front of your body at shoulder height with your arms outstretched. Keeping your arms straight, perform a squat. Return to the starting position. You can always swap the kettlebell out for a dumbbell! Complete 20 reps.
2. Weighted Back Lunge + Tricep Kickback: Start standing with your feet together. Bend your knees and hinge forward at the hips. Alternating legs, step one leg back. Hold your dumbbells in both hands with elbows bent at a 90-degree angle, upper arms by your side. While keeping your upper arms in the same position, extend lower arm behind you. Do this action at the same time as you extend your leg back. Slowly return to start. Complete 10 reps on each side, 20 reps total.
3. Tricep Pushup + Booty Kickback: Begin in a high plank position with feet together and hands directly below shoulders. Lower your knees to the ground for extra support. Lower chest down while keeping elbows tucked by your sides. As you lower down, raise your left leg up behind you. Lower leg back down as you push yourself back up. Complete 10 reps on each side, 20 reps total.
4. V-Sit + Curl: Begin in a v-sit position with core engaged. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. While keeping feet off the ground, curl weights toward your chest then slowly lower back to start. Complete 20 reps.
5. Boat Pose Chest Press: TIP: Moving immediately into this move from the previous move will help tone the core even more!
Begin in a v-sit position with core engaged. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. While keeping feet off the ground, curl weights toward your chest then press arms directly above your head. Slowly lower back to start. Complete 20 reps.
After you tone from head to toe, make sure you refuel your body with protein to keep your metabolism high and help form sexy lean muscles. We love making smoothies with our clean, plant-based, gluten-free Tone It Up Protein. We’ve been obsessed with THIS tropical smoothie for summer!
(Photo and GIFs via Tone It Up)