10 Luxury Fashion Items to Gift Yourself After That Promotion
Congratulations! With hard work and tenacity you got yourself that promotion, and now, it’s time. To. Celebrate. Of course, go ahead and do all those responsible super-adult things like paying off bills, investing, and/or building your savings. But also be sure to put aside some cash to buy yourself a pat-on-the-back present. Because what’s the point of working your butt off if you can’t treat yourself to something nice every once in a while? You deserve it. If you’re not quite sure of the best way to spend those bonus bucks, we’ve got some ideas: Ahead, check out our splurge-worthy shopping list, guaranteed to put that paper to good use.
A SHOwstopping Pair of Shoes
1. Gucci Metallic Leather Sandals ($595): Get yourself some happy feet with a pair of shimmery pink sandals. Practical? Debatable. Outfit-making? Absolutely.
A Chic Party Dress
2. J.Crew Collection Tie-Shoulder Sequin Dress ($298): When worn in a neutral color, sequins are surprisingly versatile. Wear this dress through wedding season, then throw a chunky sweater over it when the weather cools down for a cool mash-up.
A Major Pair of Sunglasses
3. Krewe Octavia Plume to Champagne 24K ($315): Sometimes you just need to invest in a pair of notice-me sunnies. These Krewe frames are 24-karat gold-plated with a lifetime warranty.
A Work-to-Weekend Blazer
4. Rebecca Taylor Sparkle Stretch Blazer ($395): This jacket is pretty, polished, and worth every penny. In white, you can rock it dressed up or down, all year long — try it over a cami and cutoffs or a bow blouse and trousers.
A Go-Anywhere Bag
5. Stella McCartney Falabella Box Shoulder Bag ($390): A neutral color means you can pair this bag with anything; a smaller size means you can wear it come day or night. Leave it to Stella to figure out all your bosslady needs.
A Set of Diamond Earrings
6. Mandy White Diamond Ear Crawlers ($312): Don’t wait around for someone else to buy you diamonds — gift them to yourself! A pair of subtle jewels you can wear all the time will make you feel like a million bucks.
A Fancy Bra
7. Fleur du Mal Crochet Lace Balconette Bra ($128): If your drawer is full of everyday bras, treat yourself to a piece of luxe lingerie. Splurging on a special underthing makes you feel sexy and spoiled from the inside out.
A Luxe Candle
8. Dyptique Roses Candle ($64): Sure, you can buy candles pretty much anywhere, but spending a little more on a higher-end option is a quick and easy way to feel pampered. Plus, minimal-chic Dyptique candles look great with every decor style, and, once burned, the glasses can be used as a pretty way to store makeup brushes, loose change, or that succulent you’ve managed to keep alive.
A Game-Changing Suitcase
9. Away The Carry On ($225): Does your suitcase also charge your phone? No? Well, now it does. Throw out your old college luggage and upgrade to a power piece.
A piece of Statement Jewelry
10. Sarah Magid Ruffle Cuff ($298): You should always have one piece of jewelry in your collection that can double as art. This bold cuff is a conversation-starter without being too kooky.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.