Congratulations! With hard work and tenacity you got yourself that promotion, and now, it’s time. To. Celebrate. Of course, go ahead and do all those responsible super-adult things like paying off bills, investing, and/or building your savings. But also be sure to put aside some cash to buy yourself a pat-on-the-back present. Because what’s the point of working your butt off if you can’t treat yourself to something nice every once in a while? You deserve it. If you’re not quite sure of the best way to spend those bonus bucks, we’ve got some ideas: Ahead, check out our splurge-worthy shopping list, guaranteed to put that paper to good use.
A SHOwstopping Pair of Shoes
1. Gucci Metallic Leather Sandals ($595): Get yourself some happy feet with a pair of shimmery pink sandals. Practical? Debatable. Outfit-making? Absolutely.
A Chic Party Dress
2. J.Crew Collection Tie-Shoulder Sequin Dress ($298): When worn in a neutral color, sequins are surprisingly versatile. Wear this dress through wedding season, then throw a chunky sweater over it when the weather cools down for a cool mash-up.
A Major Pair of Sunglasses
3. Krewe Octavia Plume to Champagne 24K ($315): Sometimes you just need to invest in a pair of notice-me sunnies. These Krewe frames are 24-karat gold-plated with a lifetime warranty.
A Work-to-Weekend Blazer
4. Rebecca Taylor Sparkle Stretch Blazer ($395): This jacket is pretty, polished, and worth every penny. In white, you can rock it dressed up or down, all year long — try it over a cami and cutoffs or a bow blouse and trousers.
A Go-Anywhere Bag
5. Stella McCartney Falabella Box Shoulder Bag ($390): A neutral color means you can pair this bag with anything; a smaller size means you can wear it come day or night. Leave it to Stella to figure out all your bosslady needs.
A Set of Diamond Earrings
6. Mandy White Diamond Ear Crawlers ($312): Don’t wait around for someone else to buy you diamonds — gift them to yourself! A pair of subtle jewels you can wear all the time will make you feel like a million bucks.
A Fancy Bra
7. Fleur du Mal Crochet Lace Balconette Bra ($128): If your drawer is full of everyday bras, treat yourself to a piece of luxe lingerie. Splurging on a special underthing makes you feel sexy and spoiled from the inside out.
A Luxe Candle
8. Dyptique Roses Candle ($64): Sure, you can buy candles pretty much anywhere, but spending a little more on a higher-end option is a quick and easy way to feel pampered. Plus, minimal-chic Dyptique candles look great with every decor style, and, once burned, the glasses can be used as a pretty way to store makeup brushes, loose change, or that succulent you’ve managed to keep alive.
A Game-Changing Suitcase
9. Away The Carry On ($225): Does your suitcase also charge your phone? No? Well, now it does. Throw out your old college luggage and upgrade to a power piece.
A piece of Statement Jewelry
10. Sarah Magid Ruffle Cuff ($298): You should always have one piece of jewelry in your collection that can double as art. This bold cuff is a conversation-starter without being too kooky.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.