9 Trendy Bicycles to Ride on Bike to Work Day
National Ride Your Bike to Work Day is coming in hot. And even though we’re fans of a greener commute 365 days a year, on May 20 the League of American Bicyclists encourages everyone to go from four wheels to two and rock your ride into work sustainably. But to get there, you might need a new set of wheels, which is why we searched high and low for the nine trendiest bicycles available now. Take a peek below, grab your bicycle helmet and some handy bike gadgets and cruise into the office in your most Insta-worthy ride to date.
1. Electra Cruiser 7D ($330): This super sleek, classic cruiser from Electra will get you from point A to point B without any fuss. This black version is pretty on its own, but to really get funky, check out their fashion and attitude lines, too.
2. Schwinn Women’s Wayfarer Hybrid Bike ($198): The retro look of this hybrid bike from Schwinn will have you giving off all sorts of vintage chic vibes rolling into work. Plus, it comes in four pretty hues: cream, green, mint and white.
3. Novara Corsa Donna ($500): Anything cherry red is a good idea. And this half-athletic, half-city bike is no exception. You’ll have no problem going from the city streets to the park paths with this bicycle, available exclusively at REI.
4. Alpine Women’s Mountain Bike ($140) If you’re looking for something a little sturdier, say to take you from work to the trails and back home again, this mountain bike from Huffy is the way to go. Isn’t it lovely when form and function collide?
5. Giant Suede 1 ($540): If you’re new to riding or looking for something uber easy to use, this fun bike from Giant is for you. Designed specifically for women, you’ll be able to touch the ground when you come to a full stop, meaning no need to dread red lights or stop signs.
6. Trek Skye SL Disc ($610): Made with commuters, casual riders and trail lovers alike in mind, this light blue beauty is a perfect fit with frame and wheel sizes matching. Plus, it comes in a purple lotus option.
7. Diamondback Vital 2 ($450): For all you city dwellers, we’ve found the bike for you. The Vital 2 has an aluminum frame that makes it super lightweight and a step-through design that makes getting on and off a breeze.
8. Vilano Women’s Classic Urban Commuter Single Speed Bike ($209): A bike built with commuters in mind, this single speed, easy-to-operate cycle will turn all the heads — if not for its minimalist style then for the super bright and fun mint pearl color.
9. SLADDA ($797): You know we love IKEA for decking out our apartments and homes in low-cost, high-style pieces. Now our European friends have a shot at cruising around in IKEA’s first “urban lifestyle” bike, a total utilitarian chic dream come true.
Check out more bike inspo + gadgets on our Pinterest page!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.