In case you missed the memo, tropical fashion is having a bit of a moment. Hawaiian-inspired luau or not, nothing says “one-way ticket to Maui” like a borrowed-from-the-boys hibiscus printed top that can be tossed over a crochet bikini or styled alongside vintage cutoffs for an OOO lewk. (Size up for maximum slayage, natch.) Don’t fret if you can’t afford Gucci and Valentino’s more splurge-worthy iterations — we’ve got you covered with nine tropical shirts that convey a certain level of jenesaisquoi that’s just as characteristic of Palm Springs as the South of France. T-minus how many days ’til holiday again?
1. The Reformation Holiday Shirt ($128): You heard it first: We hereby dub this vintage-inspired palm tree top a perfect 10. Sashay right into It girl territory with a bamboo handbag and woven huaraches serving up major sartorial prowess.
2. Zara Printed Shirt ($40): What to reach for when sippin’ the good stuff (ahem, Capris Sun) at your own beach bungalow? Ding, ding, ding.
3. Double Rainbouu Indian Summer Hawaiian Shirt ($136): Beach babes and pool punks, listen up! This is not your pop’s run-of-the-mill Tommy Bahama button-down. The dusty blue and neon coral colorway is giving us the itch to book a last-minute getaway to Bora Bora STAT.
4. Nasty Gal Button Down Floral Blouse ($36): A girls-only bachelorette weekend in the Bahamas awaits you, boo. Dial up the drama like “whoa” with this tie-front, midriff-baring blouse that’s game for some fun in the sun.
5. Opening Ceremony Aloha Blossom Hula Girl Shirt ($225): While a swishy grass skirt may be too much to ask, this hula girl shirt fits the bill just fine for a backyard Hawaiian-themed luau complete with cabana boys and colorful flower leis.
6. J.Crew Popover in Ratti Painted Pineapple ($98): Gear up for a Roman holiday Audrey Hepburn style with this tutti frutti pineapple popover that calls for retro sunnies and a LWS (little white skirt). Striped tie-waist bottoms don’t hurt either.
7. Free People Under the Palms Buttondown ($98): When en route to paradise, don’t hesitate to rework this bad boy as an impromptu beach cover-up for an I-just-woke-up-like-this look.
8. Topshop Embroidered Bird Print Shirt ($55): This birds of paradise-inspired embroidery would look straight-up fire accompanied by boardroom trousers or teamed alongside retro high-waisted bikini bottoms.
9. Mango Tropical Print Shirt ($50): And that’s how it’s done, ladies. Toss this aloha-bound tropical shirt on with a bandeau bikini top, some denim Bermudas, and free-wheelin’ slides for a weekend at the surf shack.
Will you be adding a Hawaiian shirt to your summer capsule wardrobe? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.