11 Tropical Fashion Pieces to Channel Vacay Vibes
Being stuck in a minuscule cubicle has its drawbacks, especially when it comes to soaking up that oh-so-essential vitamin D. But girl, your ticket to paradise may be closer in reach than you think. For the days (and weekends) you can’t exactly jet-set off to a tropical locale, a hint of flora and fauna a la your #OOTD will more than suffice. Think: leafy palm tree prints, hibiscus blooms, and exotic patterns inspired by the birds of paradise. Don’t delay: Grab your essential espadrilles and start working on that faux summer glow STAT. We’ve compiled 11 must-have tropical statement pieces that don’t necessarily require a view of the Bimini coast (although that would be nice).
1. Mara Hoffman Button Up Midi Dress ($395): Meet the palm leaf-printed dress that will accompany you to every destination wedding, end-of-semester luau, and Sunday Brunch in your iCal. Stuck in the office? Toss on some bright suede mules and a linen blazer for a non-stuffy boardroom uniform.
2. Katy Perry The Carmen ($139): T-minus how many days ‘til a blissful girls’-only week in Barbados? Who even cares when you’ve got the perfect Barbie pink steppers on deck? The tutti-frutti charms are the best part (it’s like a party on your toes!).
3. Topshop Tropical Print Pyjama Shirt ($58): Live up to your beach bum status by tossing this Hawaiian print pajama shirt on alongside some retro high-waisted bikini bottoms and effortless woven huaraches for a leisurely stroll along the boardwalk.
4. EMU Australia Agonis ($60): Whether by foot, bike, or skateboard, you can count on gettin’ around in style this summer thanks to these breathable palm leaf espadrille sneakers that you’ll reach for every. Single. Day. Safari-chic is right.
5. Nasty Gal Tropical Print Woven Trouser ($50): Day or night, boardroom or summertime hammock: These tropical rainforest-inspired trousers mean serious business. Try a simple white pocket tee and strappy sandals for your nine-to-five before subbing in a neck-plunging bodysuit and going-out platforms come cocktail hour.
6. Levi’s 501 Palm-Embroidered Shorts ($98): Peace out and good vibes — these vintage-inspired Levi’s featuring a palm leaf embroidery were practically made for a stint down in sunny SoCal. A military jacket and a fringe-tastic suede sac are absolutely in order.
7. Mango Embroidered Cotton Shirt ($50): Called it: Cactus is the stylish motif of the season that need not be restricted to the Colorado Desert. Team this playful cotton shirt with rolled-up chino shorts and trusty Birkenstocks for an off-duty uniform that just so happens to double for festival season.
8. BaubleBar Palmera Drops ($28): Adopt a vacay-all-day-err’day ‘tude with these whimsical palm tree drop earrings that are guaranteed to stun with an off-the-shoulder neckline and loose beach waves. How could you say no to that?
9. Zara Tropical Print Dress ($40): Aloha! Between the flouncy sleeves and punchy tropical print, this blush pink resort-ready frock delivers up just the right amount of island girl swagger. Style it in record time with a high ponytail, a slew of colorful leis, and ‘90s-esque platform sandals FTW.
10. Instax Mini 8 Palm Camera Case ($24): Um, hello? Where was this compact palm leaf-printed camera case for round one of Coachella? Proceed to get the most out of all your summer adventures (road trips with the bestie, weekend getaways to Montauk, and epic pool parties in Miami) with this piece de resistance in tow.
11. Farrow Tropic Kimono ($68): Get ready to slay like Beyoncé with this allover floral print kimono that’s a wardrobe workhorse in the making. Slip it over anything/everything (an itty-bitty bikini! A free-wheelin’ black jumpsuit!) for maximum goddess appeal.
Which of these tropical-inspired statement pieces will you be investing in for an upcoming getaway? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.