15 Unique Ways to Plan a Tropical-Themed Wedding
Ever dreamt of jetting off to the tropics and tying the knot? You’re not alone. Destination weddings are the perfect way to party in paradise with friends and loved ones while also kicking off an exciting new phase in your life. Best of all, they’re a great way to infuse the big day with tons of colorful, non-traditional touches. Here, we’ve rounded up 15 cool wedding ideas for hosting a hot tropical wedding in Hawaii, the Caribbean, Florida or wherever else the trade winds take you.
1. Trailing Floral Maxi Dress ($335): A laid-back tropical soiree calls for an unconventional wedding gown. This floral maxi by Needle & Thread delivers easy-going elegance at its best. The design is also versatile enough that you’ll be able to keep the dress in rotation long after the sun sets on your special day.
2. Hand-Painted Invitation: Doubling as a beautiful work of art, this hand-painted invitation by Momental Designs is a wedding keepsake worthy of a permanent spot on the wall. (via Paula Player Photography)
3. Bold Bouquet: Bright tropical flowers look especially lovely alongside coral bridesmaid dresses. Give a bold bouquet to each girl, and select a similar bridal arrangement for yourself. (via Paula Player Photography)
4. Giant Leaf Program: Skip the standard paper program and share ceremony details on a giant leaf instead. Leaf menus displayed by the bar and food stations can help carry the look even further. (via Brandon Kidd Photography)
5. Beachfront Canopy: Featuring an eclectic combination of flowers, candles and wood, this wedding aisle and canopy are blowing us away with their one-of-a-kind beauty. Snag the look for your own ceremony, and get ready for guests to continue talking it up forever. (via Laura Grier of Beautiful Day Photography)
10. Golden Pineapple Escort Cards: Gold details deliver instant glitz and glamour, while hot pink makes for a modern addition to your color scheme. Get the reception off to a sizzling start with gilded pineapple escort cards and complementary table decor. (via A Jubilee Event)
11. Pineapple, Banana + Papaya Accents: Once you’ve got your escort cards ready to go, you’ll need a place to display them. Here, pineapples, bananas and papayas provide the perfect welcome-table backdrop. (via Acqua Photo)
12. Pineapple Vase Centerpieces: Can’t get enough of the pineapple-inspired look? Turn your favorite tropical fruit into a vase you can fill with flowers and use as a centerpiece. (via Mary Costa Photography)
13. Ocean-Inspired Tablescape: Of course, pineapples aren’t the only way to go. This ocean-inspired tablescape features a vibrant color scheme of hot pink, purple, orange and green, plus starfish and seashell accents. Steal the look to create a classy seaside vibe. (via True Photography)
What’s your favorite tropical wedding idea? Share some hot inspiration below.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.