What do you get when you combine tropical vibes with bright colors and trendy items like pineapples, leaf prints and flamingos? This dreamy + gorgeous bridal shower. Inspired by the pineapple trend and a recent trip to Kauai, the ladies behind Beijos Events created this boho-chic backyard bridal shower that is giving us all the feels. Photog Megan Welker captured all the colorful and gilded details beautifully, from the DIY margarita bar to the totally adorable and tropical-inspired dessert bar. If you are looking to throw the ultimate bridal shower this summer, take a peek at all the details below to get aloha-inspired.
1. The Ultimate Tablescape: Isn’t this the prettiest little tablescape you ever did see? From the mint + pink color scheme to the gold accents and laser-cut place cards, everything about this table screams tropical-chic. Those wicker fans also make for the ultimate summertime party favor. Bonus points if you add some gold or pink paint to them.
2. Tropical-Themed Dessert Bar: Pineapple macarons, monstera leaf cupcakes and flamingo sugar cookies? We’re not sure this dessert spread could get any more beautiful or on trend. The old-school gilded bar cart also makes for quite the display piece.
3. Colorful Vintage Glassware: This cool, retro-inspired glassware adds a nice vintage flair to the mix. Pick up some glasses from your local thrift store, or tint or etch your very own for a vintage-y look.
4. Tropical Flowers Everywhere: If you are going for a tropical theme, be sure to stick with more natural tropical elements like flowers and palm leaves (fewer leis and grass skirts). Mixed with other bright colors and greenery, this flora will stand out just the right amount.
5. DIY Drink Bar: It ain’t a party without a DIY drink bar. This gorg jalapeño margarita station — with its fresh citrus and funky-cool glassware — has us ready for some rocks + salt action. To get the look, just pick the bride’s favorite cocktail, add fresh fruit and cute drink stirrers and you’re good to go.
6. Lawn Games: Some outdoor lawn games are definitely in order for any outdoor summer party. This cute tic-tac-toe board is a great option. For more variety, add cornhole, giant lawn matching games or flamingo ring toss to the mix.
7. Bright + Gilded Signage: Golden pineapples and brightly colored signs put the finishing touches on this shower. You can whip up your own pineapple signs with plastic cutouts, gold spray paint and some calligraphy skills. And how cute is that bride-to-be sign? Making your own would require minimal sewing skills and a little dip-dye action.
Are you planning a tropical bridal shower? Any fun ideas that we missed? Let us know in the comments below!