We learned three interesting facts while digging up these bottoms-up cakes. A) Martha Stewart is basically the queen of the upside-down cake (seriously, she’s kinda our role model), B) Any fruit combination is acceptable and stunningly beautiful in an upside-down cake and C) Mini upside-down cakes are a thing. A nice thing. We were super impressed with these tipsy flipsy eats, and we think you will be too. Go ahead; take a personal cake day! Pin, bake and share these 31 unbelievably unique upside-down cakes!
5. Meyer Lemon: Life hands you lemons. You make this upside-down beauty. You invite your friends over to eat it. They proclaim you a genius baker. You get that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. See? It’s a sweet ending that all started with a bunch of sour lemons. (via Martha Stewart)
6. No Bake Turtle Upside-Down Cake: No fruit-laden goods here. This is one enormous chocolate turtle! It’s a great make-ahead dessert since it needs to chill out in the fridge for a few hours before serving. (via Adventures in Cooking)
7. Satsuma Mandarin and Vanilla: This cake packs a delightfully surprising sweet ‘n’ sour punch. It’s one of Pinterest’s most popular upside-down desserts, so you know it’s a good one. (via Martha Stewart)
10. Strawberry Upside-Down Cake With Cardamom: Bring spring to your table with a bright strawberry cake. Joy the Baker is one of our very favorite people on the whole wide Internet, and her recipes are bonkers awesome. This one’s sure to be no exception. (via Joy the Baker)
15. Blueberry Upside-Down Cake: This cake knows how to play the bottoms-up game. You see, the proportion of berries-to-cake is serious business. There must be enough berrylicious goodness to go with each cakey bite! (via Martha Stewart)
16. Sunshiny Mango: This one’s for all our friends who are winter-weary. Because winter is real… and cold… and so endless when you’re craving warm sunshine. Let the sun shine in! This citrusy mango cake will warm your cold winter-tired soul inside and out. (via From Brazil to You)
18. Clementine Upside-Down Cakes: Under ordinary circumstances, we would have a hard time giving up fresh, juicy little clementines. But these ain’t normal circumstances. Fruit for cake? Nope, not sorry. We’ll make the trade. (via Drizzle and Dip)
21. Cranberry Upside-Down Mini Cakes: These little cakes make lovely food gifts… if you have enough self control not to gobble them all up. Best set aside one (or two… or three) for yourself. You know you want to. (via Meats and Sweets)
22. Apple and Pomegranate Upside-Down Cake: Ay, ay, ay, we can’t handle the upside-down deliciousness. Definitely swooning over the apple pieces and tart little pomegranate seeds garnishing this treat. (via Manila Spoon)
23. Chocolate Raspberry: Warm melty chocolate with tart bubbly raspberries is a wicked good concoction. Fair warning: You’ll definitely want to have ice cream on hand when these pop out of the oven. (via Foodess)
30. Apple and Pumpkin: You know that can of pumpkin that’s been hanging out in your pantry? We found the perfect use for it. It’s an unexpected duo, but a couple apples and a bit of pumpkin turns out to be one incredible pairing. (via La Tartine Gourmande)
31. Cranberry Upside-Down Cake With Walnuts: This hearty, comforting cake is great for guests. Make it ahead of time then, just before serving, cook up the hot cranberry compote and ladle generous spoonfuls over each slice (along with vanilla ice cream, of course). (via Give Me Flour)
What are you flipping for? Let us know in the comments below!