Every Vampy Lipstick You Need This Fall
The trendsetters have decided, and all eyes are on the lips this fall. From all-out goth-inspired black lips to celeb-approved plum lipsticks, it’s clear that we’re in for an autumn of rich colors, natural eyes and dramatic dark lipstick. A plethora of top designers have been putting their vampiest foot forward with their fall 2016 runway shows. We’re taking a cue from Versace and our high school Twilight obsession (okay, maybe it was more recent than that) and going for a look that errs on the dark side. Scroll on for a slew of shades du noir you’ll need to get your femme fatale on this fall.
1. Glittery Red: Versace’s fall 2016 show played to our inner glam-girl sensibilities using the oldest trick in the book — when in doubt, add glitter. This shade oozes glitz and glam without being too loud or ostentatious. Sure, it’s not exactly HR-approved, but you can rock it for a night out and wear it all the way through New Year’s. Get the look with Kat Von D’s Studded Kiss Lipstick in Wolvesmouth-Metallic Berry ($21). (Photo via Francois Durand/Getty)
2. Blood Red: This deep, blood red shade was spotted at London fashion label Sibling’s Fall 2016 show. For all our classic-red-lip ladies, this is the shade for you. The slightly darker color and glossy finish provide just enough modernity to make this timeless look on trend. Still a Twi-hard at heart? Try Urban Decay’s Vice Lipstick in Hex ($17) for a look that even the Cullen family will envy. (Photo via Nicky J Sims/Getty)
3. Dark Fuchsia: Need a break from all these serious shades? Copy this H&M show look and add a pop of purple to your fall beauty lineup. This color is unbelievably fun and still vampy, but a good reminder that sometimes, when it comes to lipstick and life, you just need to lighten up. Throw some lavender on that pout with Tarte’s Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Yaassss ($20). (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
4. Deep Plum: Who doesn’t love a good wine? Versace does it again with Bella Hadid’s expertly lined burgundy lips. Add a lighter smokey eye in shades of purple and brown for a pretty polished face. Paint a picture of elegance with Milk Makeup’s Lip Color in Deep Wine ($22). (Photo via Francois Durand/Getty)
5. Dark Chocolate: Dior’s Fall 2016 show featured cocoa-covered pouts and cool-girl mean mugs galore. Hints of brown and purple help this noire lipstick seem a little less harsh, but still give off an essential “don’t mess with me” vibe. Get this look for a steal with Nyx Cosmetics Full Throttle Lipstick in Nightcrawler ($7). Not included: the perfect RBF. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
6. Jet Black: Daredevils, rejoice, because this shade is reserved for the bold, the brave and the gothic. Models in the Marc Jacobs Fall 2016 show donned jet black mouths and dramatic eyes. We advise skipping the extreme eyeliner, but dare you to rock this lip out during the day. Go a little goth with Black Up’s Lipstick in M 30 ($23). (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
Looking for more trends to try this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspiration!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.