You already invest your time and money in deep conditioning treatments to keep your locks looking shiny, not to mention the slew of hair masks that promise quick results. But if you’re still suffering from dryness or dreaded flakes after all that, you might be forgetting an important piece of the “most amazing hair ever” puzzle. Paying attention to your scalp with specially formulated treatments can provide a number of impressive benefits, like detoxifying impurities, removing buildup, reducing itchiness, and even helping your hair grow in stronger. Scroll down for scalp-targeted products that just might be the answer to your hair needs.
1. Aveda Pramasana Purifying Scalp Cleanser ($35): Gentle enough to use with every shampoo, plant-based agents cleanse while wintergreen-derived salicylic acid exfoliates your scalp.
2. Reverie CAKE Restorative Scalp Tonic ($72): This high-tech treatment contains stem cells from a rare Swiss apple (yep) that slow down the aging of your hair follicles so they stay stronger longer. It also protects your scalp from environmental damage, promotes hair growth and restoration, and is full of essential oils for a hydrating punch.
3. Dark & Lovely Braids ‘n Weaves Scalp Wash ($9): If you wear your hair in braids or have added hair through extensions or weaves, your scalp will require extra attention. In-between washes, treat the area with this soothing, no-cleanse product. Made with jojoba and peppermint oil, this must-buy will have you smelling oh so sweet, with the added benefit of shine to boot.
4. Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo ($42): You already know charcoal can be beneficial for drawing out irritants from your skin, so you’ll love what it can do for your hairline. This shampoo removes serious buildup and replenishes moisture with tea tree and coconut oil to restore the hydrations you’ve been missing.
5. IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scrub ($36): Once a week, replace your shampoo with this soothing scrub. With crushed walnut, walnut oil, and apple cider vinegar, it helps to soothe and clarify while removing product build-up.
Looking for more hair inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.