12 Midi Skirt and Sweater Combos to Make Getting Dressed SO Easy
Some things were just meant to go together: PB&J, T-Swift and Karlie Kloss, midi skirts and sweaters. The at-the-knee skirts and cozy knits are a foolproof pairing that have truly stood the test of time. And it’s no wonder; it makes for a warm, yet polished look, plus the mixing and matching potential is through the roof. Your new go-to fall uniform? We think yes. To make this instantly polished look even more effortless, we’ve pulled together 12 hot-right-now looks you can wear all season long.
1. Third Space By Behno Lilac Sweater ($99) + Zara Tube Skirt ($50): When the weekend hits, it’s time to trade out the structured suit for your comfiest duds. Instead of kicking back in sweats, rock a knit tube skirt and relaxed crop sweater. It’s super cozy, yet totally polished, making it ideal for coffee dates, market browsing and laid-back dinners.
2. ASOS White Cotton Sweater With Clear Pockets ($117) + Zara Jacquard Skirt ($20): The blazer and tailored trouser formula is a force to be reckoned with in terms of work week dressing, but sometimes you simply have to shake up the status quo. Do just that with an eye-catching graphic skirt, a statement sweater and metallic lace-up brogues.
3. ASOS High Neck Tunic With Cold Shoulder and Side Split ($72) + Mango Denim Skirt ($70): Give “boring” the cold shoulder with basic pieces that are, well, anything but, like a cutout high-neck top and below-the-knee denim skirt. Killer with trend-right ankle boots and a shearling jacket, this winning combination will quickly become an off-duty fave.
4. COS A-Line V-Neck Jumper ($99) + MSGM Jacquard Midi Skirt ($218): Soften the ultra modern edge of a bold graphic pencil skirt with elegant yet contemporary pieces like this wool bell-sleeved jumper. To let these two statement pieces speak for themselves, keep add-ons on the subtle side by choosing items like thin necklaces and wiry stacked rings.
5. Cooperative Honey Mixed Stitch Pullover Sweater ($69) + Monki Quilt Detail Pencil Skirt ($55): How to get athleisure just right? This quilted skirt and grid work sweater are a good place to start. Tennis shoes, backpacks and beanies are your go-to accessories, with a pair of oversized sunnies thrown in for good measure.
6. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Printed Sweater ($283) + Forever21 Contemporary Inverted Pleat A-Line Skirt ($23): For maximum impact, mix brilliant color with unexpected prints. In a sea of earthy autumnal hues, you’ll certainly stand out, which is never a bad thing in our book. Pair with mules and a collar necklace to solidify the look in modern muse territory.
7. Diesel Block Stripe Sweater ($141) + ASOS Curve 70’s Pencil Skirt in Suede ($135): Sorry, denim, this season it’s all about the suede. To play into this rust-colored number’s throwback undertones, wear it with a multicolored striped wool sweater and lace-up booties.
8. Autumn Cashmere Sweater ($132) + Mango Pleated Midi Skirt ($90): Elevate a chunky knit with a pleated skirt in luxe (faux) leather. Heels and a bow-neck or button-down blouse make it office-ready, while slide-on flats and oversized scarfs will whisk it off into weekend-approved territory.
9. H&M Short Hooded Sweatshirt ($18) + ASOS Midi Skirt in Bold Metallic Stripe ($99): A metallic midi has partayyy written all over it, but to make the most out of this shimmery skirt, thinking outside the box is a must. Sporty separates like a hooded sweatshirt make the elevated piece appropriate for some serious chillaxin’. Just add hightop trainers and a simple tee and you’re good to go.
10. H&M Glittery Cardigan ($70) + Topshop Floral Split Front Midi Skirt ($68): Make your nine-to-five dress code work for you by pairing up essentials with unexpected pieces. Sub a gold glitter cardi for a classic blazer and layer on top of a bright, printed midi for a new take on standard suiting.
11. ASOS Premium Sweater in Metallic Foil With Deep V Back ($108) + H&M Suede Skirt With Fringe ($149): Plummeting temps demand a little creativity when it comes to putting together the perfect night-out ensemble. Enter the metallic knit and fringe skirt. They’ve got you covered, but still feel festive and fun.
12. H&M Wool Blend Sweater ($60) + Front Row Shop Leather Look Midi Pencil Skirt ($53): Cozy up in an oversized wool sweater and balance with a streamlined pencil with a subtle slit. Dress the look down with exotic slide-on sneaks or pair with pumps for a ladylike edge.
What’s your favorite way to wear a midi skirt? Tell us in the comments!