11 New Ways to Style a Blazer With Your Favorite Tops
Ah, the blazer: a timeless piece. There really isn’t much this tailored topper can’t do (sartorially speaking, anyway), which is why it will always hold a highly coveted place in our closets. While staying power is undoubtedly a good thing, there’s always that chance that we’ll hit a wall. How to overcome these moments of un-spiration? We’ve figured it all out for you right here. Behold — 11 stylish blazer and top pairings that will transform everywhere from the office to your living room into your very own personal catwalk.
1. ASOS Relaxed Blazer in Graphic Print Co-ord ($47) + Deep V Dip Back Longline Top ($45): Printed jackets are the perfect remedy for the mid-week blues and this graphic number is sure to do the trick. Take the look one step further with a sleek white top with a high-low hemline, a modern take on the classic button-down top.
2. J.Crew Regent Blazer ($198) + French Connection Isla Ripple Tunic Top ($60): A case of the Mondays calls for something bold and bright, which is where this fiery red blazer comes in. Style it with an abstract tee and leather-look joggers for an office-appropriate athleisure look.
3. Front Row Shop Tencel Denim Blazer ($69) + ASOS Geo Print Tunic Top ($54): Denim at the office is totally a thing when you have a fashion-forward jacket like this one in your workweek arsenal. Give the chambray layer a bit of throwback flair with a graphic top and wide leg trousers.
4. H&M Crêpe Jacket ($15) + Study NY 1.3 Shirt ($180): Another way to sneak in some denim is to pair up a chambray topper (we’re kind of partial to this patchwork number) with a bright, clean-cut blazer. Layer them over a printed scuba skirt to perk up your nine to five, or toss them over dark cropped denim for a laid-back night out look.
5. Zara Blazer with Zips ($70) + River Island Blue Print Wrap Front Pussybow Blouse ($72): Even the grayest of days won’t hold you down when you have a bit of sunshine on your side. Create contrast by wearing this eye-catching jacket over a scarf print top with golden accents woven throughout and a bow neck that imparts a little of-the-moment edge.
6. Missguided Faux Suede Double Breasted Blazer ($60) + Mango Striped Cotton Shirt ($60): Suede and stripes are a winning combo every time. So whether you pair it with fashionable flares or a free-flowing skirt, you’re sure to hit a sartorial home run.
7. Blazer in Fur Print ($65) + H&M Turtleneck Top ($10): The next best thing to a super cozy sweater? A fur-print jacket. You’ll feel warm and fuzzy — especially with the help of a ribbed turtleneck — while looking effortlessly polished. #winning
8. Zara Long Blazer ($70) + Topshop Bright Floral Print Top ($70): Strike the right balance of psychedelic and sophisticated with a belted blazer and vibrant floral top. Sport the combo with wide leg pants and take on the day ’70s style or take the maxi skirt route for a Jenna Lyons-approved getup.
9. Front Row Shop Double-Breasted Blazer ($65) + Mango Textured Ruffled Blouse ($70): If flirty and feminine aren’t usually your thing, the thought of mixing floral prints and ruffles probably has you running for the hills. To give this classically ladylike look a chic, modern makeover, playing with masculine and feminine silhouettes is key. The borrowed-from-the-boys double-breasted blazer cuts the frilly feel of this ever-so-slightly sheer top.
10. Finders Keepers Make Your Mark Blazer ($118) + Zara Printed Top ($50): Turn your workweek attire into a work of (abstract) art by doubling up on bold stripes. Keep it simple on the bottom to create balance and avoid creating a look that’s over the top.
11. Forever21 Contemporary Open-Front Shawl Lapel Blazer ($33) + Topshop Marble Print Shirt ($105): While we think this rich burgundy and marble print combo makes for a topnotch office ensemble, we can’t wait to dress it down with our go-to pair of denim and trainers. Elevated weekend attire? Check.
How do you give a blazer new life? Tell us your sartorial tips and tricks in the comments!