13 #Winning Ways to Remix Your Stripes for Fall
Regardless of the season, you could say that we have a teensy stripe obsession. From summer to fall, and winter to spring, stripes are the one print (if that’s what you want to call them) that never fails us. As one of the most universally appealing and effortlessly chic clothing staples a girl can have, it’s no wonder stripes have practically become a neutral. We’ve uncovered 13 blogger-inspired looks that exhibit the versatility of even your most everyday stripes for fall and beyond.
1. Prints Charming: Print-mixing is the name of the game these days… at least for this Poor Little It Girl blogger. Going together like peanut butter and jelly, Cathy’s striped top and floral fancy pants were practically meant to be. Keeping her accessories to a minimum, she instead opts for a bow-tastic pair of blue heels. (via Poor Little It Girl)
2. Skirting the Line: Every so often, the sartorial stars align and the quintessential fall outfit is brought into fruition. We don’t know about you, but this schoolgirl-inspired look has us yearning for afternoons spent on the quad. And, thankfully, it’s a cinch to replicate. Once you’ve found the striped skirt of your dreams, all that’s left is a little strategic layering (chambray and a ribbed sweater FTW!) — and voilà. (via M Loves M)
3. Fall Print Mixing: Leave it to Bee to knock it out of the park and style a striped top with so much panache. Besides her Mansur Gavriel tote and studded Valentino heels, we really want those plaid pants. From the first day of fall to holiday gatherings galore, this just may be the most versatile #ootd yet. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
4. Striped Pants for the Win: Sartorial risk-takers — including Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad — know all too well the power of a daring pair of vertical striped pants. She gets it just right by establishing a rocker ‘tude with a white tee, leather jacket and killer metallic wedges. (via The Blonde Salad)
5. Cozy Fall Stripes: Let’s hear it for #sweaterweather, aka the single-handed reason that we’re able to cope with the fact that summer is over. As you shop the fall trends, be sure to stock up on two (or three) striped sweaters in interesting patterns and palettes. Kendi provides us all with maj inspo as she pairs her colorful knit sweater with peekaboo striped socks. We can’t even. (via Kendi Everyday)
6. Stripes on Stripes: Too many stripes… said no one ever. The beauty of having a well-stocked collection of stripes is that you can remix them for double the fun. Feeling intimidated? Take baby steps. Jacey Duprie starts small by pairing a multi-striped pullover with a lightweight, striped scarf for a cool, off-duty look. (via Damsel in Dior)
7. The Layered Look: Who would have thought that a striped, monochromatic dress layered over a chambray shirt could look so fresh + polished? Be it back-to-school or a day at the office, this is a look that you can *totally* pull off. (via M Loves M)
8. Autumnal Stripes: Give the black-and-white stripes a break by welcoming some autumnal color palettes into your repertoire. Think maroons, mustard yellows, burgundys and midnight blues. Throw in some master layering skills by pairing a striped pencil skirt with a neutral-colored sweater. Pull it all together with a belt for an easy day-to-night look. (via Stylescrapbook)
9. A Topper That Says It All: Enter in the striped style hack that you can pull off with just a few moments to spare. The next time you have a “closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear” moment, be a boss by opting for a bold, striped coat. If Vanessa of Trop Rouge can pull it off — so expertly, might we add — then you can too. (via Trop Rouge)
10. Sporty Stripes: Rest assured that stripes are not one and all the same — there is plenty of variation to go around. Case in point: This Thrifts and Threads blogger dons a sporty striped top more reminiscent of the football field than the streets of Paris. The accompaniment of destroyed jeans and loafers fully solidifies her casual on-the-go look. (via Thrifts and Threads)
11. Power Dressing: On any given day of the week, THIS is the head-to-toe look that you need to be sporting. Taking you from the dog days of summer to the cooler days of fall, a striped jumpsuit will not only keep the work blahs away, but it’ll make your girl boss status officially official. (via CurveEnvy)
12. Minimalist-Chic: As far as stripes are concerned, our advice is to do less. Follow in this blogger’s footsteps by elevating a simple striped dress with a long jacket and over-the-knee boots — aka, the perfect look for all those nippy autumn mornings. For a pop of leopard, she finished off her all-black ensemble with a trusty crossbody purse. (via Always Judging)
13. Fall Skirt Game Strong: Skirts out, shades on! For fall days when you can still go sans tights, we highly recommend doing so. Mara lucked out by pairing her bright red-orange skirt with a classic b + w top. To fall-ify her look, she just added cognac ankle boots into the equation. #Winning (via M Loves M)
How will you be transitioning your stripes from summer to fall? Let us know in the comments below!