14 Winter Cover Up Ideas for Every Type of Bride
Now that you’ve dreamed up your perfect winter wonderland wedding, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re actually going to stay warm during that creative wedding photo session. From boleros to cozy cardigans and even denim jackets, we’re sharing high-fashion cover up options for modern, chic, boho and non-traditional brides. Scroll on for all the cozy wedding ideas you need.
Boho Wedding Dress Coverups
1. Laced Bolero ($280): This soft, raw-edged bolero might just be the only accessory you’ll need for your special day. It will add both shoulder coverage and sparkle to your strapless dress, leaving you looking more stunning than ever.
2. Faux Fur Wrap: If you’re having your winter wedding outdoors, keep yourself (and your maids!) warm with a lovely furry wrap. Pair it with an earthy flower crown for a total boho look. (Photo via Brett Heidebrecht)
3. Beaded Capelet: This delicate piece won’t necessarily keep you warm, but it’s too stunning not to share. Choose a gown with a simple strapless neckline to keep the focus on the capelet. (Photo via Jose Villa)
Glam Wedding Dress Coverups
4. Tuxedo Jacket: Whether you’re planning for a black tie affair or simply want to make your look more sophisticated, this ultra-white tuxedo jacket is exactly what you need. It’s the perfect touch of glam and chic. (Photo via Nancy Neil)
5. Sequin Cardigan: If you want to add some sparkle to your dress, go for a bright sequined cardigan or jacket. This piece is fancy, functional and full of personality. (Photo via Shannon Nicole Smith Photography)
7. Velvet Blazer: For a chic yet edgy look, cover up with a bold velvet blazer. Not only will this add contrast to your beautiful white wedding dress, but it’s also something you’ll wear long after the honeymoon. (Photo via Steve Steinhardt Photography)
Modern Wedding Dress Coverups
8. Denim Jacket: You’ve probably never thought of a denim jacket as a winter wedding cover up, but we’re totally digging it! Feel free to leave it completely unbuttoned or use a chambray shirt and tie the ends for a similar look. (Photo via Christianne Taylor)
9. Leather Jacket: Keep your nuptials modern and wear your favorite leather jacket as your wedding dress cover up. It’s dramatic enough for a wedding and perfect to pair with deep wedding colors like red or orange. (Photo via Lev Kuperman)
10. Lace Crop Top: This lace crop top cover up is refreshing and unexpected, making it perfect for the modern bride. Pair it with any lacy, dreamy, floor-skimming skirt of your choosing for a stunning winter look. (Photo via Tec Petaja)
Non-Traditional Wedding Dress Coverups
11. Pattern Sweater: Be prepared for an outdoor photo session in this adorable, colorful sweater. You can even match your wedding colors to the pattern of your choice. (Photo via Nicole Colwell Photography)
12. Flannel Shirt: You know that flannel shirt that you can’t seem to stop wearing? You can totally wear it at your wedding too. Just add an oversized bouquet and a fab updo for an elegant, yet down-to-earth feel. (Photo via Lisa Fitts Photography)
13. Feather Shawl: This whimsical, romantic feather shawl is perfect for the bride who is looking to add a bit of Old Hollywood to her wedding. You’ll definitely be making a statement with this fashion-forward piece. (Photo via Philippa James Photography)
14. Colorful Cardigan: This pretty yellow cardigan is simple and classic, plus it adds some pop to the entire look. You can totally wear over and over again after your special day. (Photo via Tina Wiebe)
What are you planning on wearing? Tweet us your ideas @Britandco.