5 Dreamy Wedding Dress Trends for Spring Brides
No spring bride waits out the polar vortex to have their outdoor nuptials on semi-thawed grounds. The picture-perfect ceremony setting is something more like this: green-as-it-gets grass, lush canopies of sweet-smelling flowers and butterflies — lots of them. But just in case the weather doesn’t get the memo come your big day, BHLDN is making sure your wedding dress does. Anthropologie’s wedding brand just released its spring collection of gowns, veils and headpieces and the delicate creations all scream spring bride.
Inspired by a garden in full-bloom, the 2015 bridal line offers a wide range of romantic silhouettes and breezy styles that conjure the freshness of the new season. While BHLDN covers classic swoon-worthy elements like silk and sparkle, these dresses go beyond typical bridal appeal with their mix of on-trend detailing and timeless feel — a priceless combination for in-the-know brides. Scroll through to see which five wedding dress trends the affordable bridal line knocks out of the perfectly manicured park.
1. Better from the Backs: Waterfall ruffles, delicate lace panels and oversized bows call for a rewording of “Here Comes the Bride.”
2. Romantic Sleeves: With sleeves short and long made of luxe materials like drapey silk and raw lace, these more covered-up gowns feel more of-the-moment than ever.
3. Princess Detailing: Feel like you got your fairytale ending in frocks with full tiered ball gowns and runs-for-miles veils.
4. Ornate Texture: Beads and crystals meet their full potential as high-impact embellishments creating intricate patterns that mimic the most ornate lace. Speaking of, there’s lots of that too.
5. Risky Necklines: On your big day, you could be taking the plunge in more ways than one in a low — and we mean low — neckline that turns a classic gown into something you want to wear.
What bridal trends for spring are you hoping to incorporate in your wedding dress? Tell us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)