20 Jaw-Dropping Wedding Photos That Will Make You Want to Elope ASAP
Small and intimate weddings seem to be all the rage these days, and elopements are no exception. Maybe it’s the need to find a dazzling backdrop or to create a private moment that the two of you can cherish ’til death do you part. Whether you’re planning to hop on a plane or just skip down the street to city hall, these 20 photos of intimate elopements will make you realize that sometimes you need nothing but each other.
1. Island Time: Hawaii is an easy choice if you’re flying from the states — no passport needed! With endless sandy beaches, it won’t be difficult to find a secluded place to say your vows and to capture the magic of the island in the background. (via Victoria Carlson Photography)
2.Welcome to the Jungle: Although your hair may need a few more spritzes of extra hold hairspray, the humid jungle makes an extraordinary backdrop for your elopement. Don’t be surprised if you have a couple of monkeys as your witnesses. (via Costa Vida Photography / Junebug Weddings)
3. Breathtaking Views: Big Sur is known for its vast romantic landscapes. Seclude yourselves by standing at the edge of the world with only your boo and the big blue. (via Erich McVey / Wedding Sparrow)
4. Mountain Magic: This couple had a picnic elopement that combined a romantic love story with brunch. There’s just something so intimate about escaping into the mountains to share a meal and profess your love. (via Maggie Grace Photography / Junebug Weddings)
5. Italian Elopement: Getting hitched in Italy is a perfect way to use those vacation days you’ve been saving up. Make your European elopement a reality by spending a few days in Lake Como, just the two of you. (via Rochelle Cheever / Magnolia Rouge)
6. Puerto Rican Getaway: Eloping in a place that is special to you as a couple makes it that much more meaningful. Embrace the places you love and make them a part of your big day as a backdrop to your moment, so it lives on in photos. (via Nilka Gissell)
7. I Heart NY: Capture your love for each other and for your city on a very special day that will make you forget about the hustle and bustle. (via Samm Blake)
9. Horseshoe Bend: The best part of eloping is that you really can go anywhere. Don’t be afraid to duck into a cave or climb to the top of a mountain in order to create the memory that will last a lifetime. (via Priscila Valentina / Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Wooded Wonderland: A wild and organic elopement might be just what you need as a couple. Unplug and go back to your roots as you say your vows in the middle of a beautiful forest. (via Jess Hunter / Magnolia Rouge)
11. City Hall: Eloping doesn’t mean you have to venture to a land far, far away. This couple is proof that heading to city hall can be just as chic as a foreign getaway. (via Lara Lam Photography / Chic Vintage Brides)
12. Pacific Beauty: Sometimes the perfect spot is right in your own neighborhood. This couple said their vows in their home city of Portland and it was as romantic as ever. (via Kimbry Photography)
13. Road Trip Elopement: Road tripping through the desert with a pit stop for a quick wedding sounds pretty romantic, doesn’t it? Throw caution to the wind and have an impromptu ceremony that celebrates how unpredictable true love can really be. (via Levi Tijerina / Green Wedding Shoes)
14. Private Vows: Her face says it all. Sometimes the connection between the two of you is more powerful than a gigantic and over-the-top ceremony. (via Amelia Fletcher Photography / Junebug Weddings)
15. Station Chic: Saying yes to the dress for an elopement means that you can go a little non-traditional and stick to your laid-back vibe. This bride chose a classic tank and tulle skirt for her elopement and Union Station shoot. (via Jen S. Photography / Joy Wed Blog)
16. Mossy Magic: Nestled in the middle of the woods is the best place to make it official. The glow of the candlelight makes this elopement look straight out of a fairy tale. (via Booth Photographics / Ruffled)
17. Sunset Ceremony: Arizona is known for jaw-dropping sunsets. Take advantage of what Mother Nature has to offer by capturing your sweet moments just as the sun is setting.
20. Adventurous Vows: This couple shows just how far they’ll go to create a private moment. There’s nothing more secluded than a snowy mountain top to say, “I do.” (via From the Daisies / Junebug Weddings)
Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous ideas for your wedding.