What to Make This Weekend: Lisa Frank Cakes, Summer Sandals and More
After recovering from a long Fourth of July weekend (not to mention the hours we’ve spent drooling over Taylor Swift’s patriotic water slide pics), let’s all agree that this week has left us a little burnt out. So what’s a gal to do while resting up? Spend the weekend getting crafty AF! Whether you want to gear up for more fun in the sun with a pretty beach umbrella or you’re ready to take your Lisa Frank obsession to the next level, we’ve got you covered for all your weekly DIY needs. Scroll on and get ready to be inspired.
1. DIY Beach Umbrella: Spend the summer under an umbrella-ella-ella! Keep things shaded and adorable on your next trip to the shore with this homemade polka-dot beach umbrella. Just don’t forget to include a stylish swimsuit and lounge chair to complete your chill setup. (via Brit + Co)
2. Sushi Donut: Wait, what? After picking our jaws up off the floor when seeing this elegant donut-shaped dish, the next (and only) thing to do was to find a way to make it. This delicate looking sushi is the perfect snack for sharing with friends and family on a hot summer day. (via Brit + Co)
3. Faux Brass Headboard: Give your pad some sleek metallic accents without breaking the bank. Create a faux brass headboard to give your bedroom set some elevated appeal. Pair with vibrant colors and patterns for a fun and youthful vibe. (via Sugar and Cloth)
4. Lisa Frank Zebra Cake: If the ’90s are still calling you, this project will speak to your steadfast obsession with the color queen herself: Lisa Frank. Make your next event a ’90s-inspired party, fully equipped with some swoon-worthy rainbow tiger-print cakes (yum!). (via Studio DIY)
6. Cactus Drink Stirrers: Stay hydrated in style with these crazy cute cactus stirrers. Whether you’re serving up cocktails or keeping things low key with some lemonade, these bright stirrers are perfect for giving your gathering some fun Midwestern charm. (via Bespoke Bride)
7. DIY Embroidered Sun Hat: Nothing says summer glamour like a big floppy hat to protect yourself from those harsh rays. Feel free to add some flowers or fruit embroidery for an extra sweet touch. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. DIY Pom Pom Sandals: Give your summer sandals a refreshing festival flair. Weave on tribal-print lanyards and pom poms for a look that’s sure to turn heads at your next outdoor event. (via Brit + Co)
9. Ice Cream Cone Surprise Ball: Whether you’re planning a party for your kids or a fun shower for your BFF, a surprise ball — especially an ice-cream-shaped one — is ideal for pumping up the enthusiasm. (via Oh Happy Day!)
10. DIY Cut-Out Shirt: No need to buy a cut-out tee when you’ve got all the supplies you need to create this trend at home. Repurpose your tired old t-shirt for a look that’ll keep you cool all summer long. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Clay Candle: If you’re in the market for a housewarming gift or doling out presents to your squad just because, you know that everyone loves candles — especially when they’re homemade. Use a wooden wick to give your candle a modern aesthetic. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Embroidered Jacket: Live every day like you’re on vacation and bring some tropical appeal to your casual denim jacket. All you need is some chalk and a sewing machine to make this wearable work of art.
(via Brit + Co)