Ahh, winter. We love how you bring us cozy knits and comfy boots. The dry skin and brittle hair… not so much. But what if we could have all of winter’s wonderfulness without the beauty woes? In the hair-parching dead of winter, there is in fact a way to bring hair back to life: the magical hair mask. Whether you want to buy or DIY (or try ’em all!), scroll down to discover all the deep-conditioning TLC your dry hair needs. In a matter of minutes your hair will be so smooth and shiny you’ll almost forget that it’s still winter.
1. It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Mask ($17): Seeing as it takes almost 10 minutes just to wash your tresses, pulling off a hair mask in that amount of time does seem like a miracle. We’re impressed.
2. Carol’s Daughter Anti-Breakage and Anti-Frizz Restoring Hair Mask ($15): So what if it’s made in the USA from luxurious oils, contains no parabens and is affordable and highly rated? It’s time to tame those flyaway tresses, and this homegrown brand will do the trick.
3. Drybar Nourishing Hair Mask ($38): For all you put your hair through, it’s time to pamper it a little. This intensive treatment will bring back your beautiful locks and stave off those winter beauty blues.
4. Ojon Revitalizing 2-Minute Hair Mask ($44): It’s the best thing you will ever do for yourself in two minutes. Ever.
5. Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Nourishing Mask ($27): Got curls? You need a great curly-hair mask. This deep-conditioning treatment will soften and shine those curls without weighing them down. Bonus: It smells lovely too.
8. Coco Honey and Camomile Hair Mask: Make this hair mask part of your next spa day and watch your “me” time produce magical results. The combination of raw honey, coconut oil, and chamomile essential oil is extremely luxurious and majorly moisturizing. (via Ascension Kitchen)
9. Banana & Honey Repair Mask: Bananas are loaded with potassium and vitamins A, E and C. But you don’t just need to eat them to enjoy the benefits. Mix up this mask in seconds, then apply… you might just go bananas over the results. (via Hello Natural)
10. Moisturizing Avocado Mask: Avocados are one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet, so it only makes sense that they would make an amazingly nourishing hair treatment. And if half of your mask somehow turns into guacamole, well, we won’t tell ;) (via Vanelja)
Are you dealing with winter hair woes too? Tell us what you’re doing to help revive your hair below!