17 Romantic Braids for Valentine’s Day… or EVERY Day
When it comes to getting ready for your Valentine’s Day date, sultry makeup and a killer #ootd are no-brainers. Complete your look with a fun and flirty braid. This versatile style evokes romance and cool-girl vibes, and is usually pretty easy to do yourself (score!). Check out the pretty plaits we found that are perfect for a date night that’ll sweep both of you off your feet.
2. Braided Bun with Bangs: The many twists and turns of this style makes it look difficult, but we promise if you try it out, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to pull together. (via A Practical Wedding)
3. Wrap Braid: This is a braid that our favorite ice queen would rock. Dutch braid your hair, then use your elastic to create this wrap detailing at the end. It’s perfect for chilly February. (via The Beauty Department)
5. Cornrow Pony: Don’t worry, curly girls, straight hair doesn’t get to have all the fun. Cornrow face-framing pieces of hair, then add to a voluminous low pony for a style that’s stunning. (via Seventeen)
8. Mini Fishtail Twist: If you evoke bohemian glam at every turn, this is your Valentine’s Day date hair. Loose waves and a strategically placed braid scream romance. Bring on the roses, flower child. (via The Merry Thought)
13. Twice-Braided Twist: If ponytails are your jam, liven it up by creating a braid within a braid within a pony. It’s harder to say than it is to do; this style is deceptively easy. (via Cosmopolitan)
15. Half Braid: This cute plait-pony hybrid is a great option for vamping up date night hair with some volume. Paired with a retro dress, we’re sure this would be a winning look. (via Hairstyles-Tutorial)
17. Half-Up Braided Crown: Who needs to wear a tiara when you can braid your way to a crown? Loop two braids at the base of your head and leave the underlying hair for what we know would be Juliet’s go-to coif. (via Joanna Goddard)
Which of these styles do you see yourself rocking on Valentine’s Day? Share a selfie with us on Instagram.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)