When it comes to coconut oil, the possibilities are endless! With antioxidant, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory benefits, the ingredient is simple and the results are significant. We’ve shared with you how to make lip balm and no-bake peanut butter coconut bars with coconut oil, and now we bring you 10 DIYs and products that we’re totally coco-nuts about.
2. Organix Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist ($6): This affordable product keeps your hair smooth and you guessed it… hydrated.
3. Homemade Coconut Oil Honey and Hair Mask: Healthy hair is just a hop, skip, honey and coconut mix away. There’s a reason we’ve talked about this hair mask before. It’s that good. (via The Every Girl)
5. Vegan Chocolate Cupcake Recipe: Baking cupcakes and tasty treats just got healthier! This recipe is coconut-happy as it calls for coconut oil, coconut palm sugar and coconut milk. Yum. (via Glow Kitchen)
6. Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Dog Treats: Speaking of treats, your dog will love these DIY delights! The oil helps your dog’s digestive system, prevents and treats infections and gives him/her a soft coat. For another coconut-based dog treat, check out #6 in our 12 Recipes for Homemade Dog Treats. (via Today’s Creative Blog)
7. Oil Pulling: This is an ancient technique where you swish around coconut oil in your mouth and spit it out after 15-20 minutes. The lauric acid in the oil kills bacteria, fungi and viruses. (via Free People)
9. Lentil Cashew Cakes: These vegan protein-packed patties are cooked in coconut oil. The flavor is so light and mild… there’s really no bad time to cook and bake with this multi-tasking oil. (via Luncboxbunch)
How do you use coconut oil? Do you have any favorite products or recipes? Share in the comments below!