Beat Winter Like a Boss With These 15 Boots
After that whole polar vortex situation last winter, we’re serious about finding ways to keep warm and battle the elements. And that includes our feet. As we learned the hard way, just-your-average shoes don’t mix well with blistering cold temps and three plus inches of snow and black ice. So if you’re as ready as we are to kick inclement weather to the curb (and give your feet a fighting chance), get scrolling for some of our top winter boot picks.
1. Cougar Cranbook Boots ($150): With these silvery boots, the elements don’t stand a chance. Polar plush lining and a cold rating of -30 degrees Celsius/ -22 degrees Fahrenheit mean that even in the coldest temps, your feet will be super toasty. Plus, they’re waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about wading through slush-lined streets and ankle-deep puddles.
2. Sorel Snowlion XT Boots ($120): Just like its name, the Snowlion boot from Sorel is fierce. It offers top-of-the-line protection from extreme conditions, plus the multidirectional lug gives you enhanced traction, so wiping out isn’t even a possibility.
3. Free People Leopard Icon Hiker Boot ($228): Okay, so you may not want to wade through knee-high snow drifts in these babies, but the treaded rubber soles are ready to tackle all those slippery surfaces. With a leopard print and pony-hair upper, you’ll want to rock these hip boots long after the last drop of snow melts.
4. Woolrich Women’s Roadhouse Plaid Boot ($350): As tempting as it might be to get suited up in full-blown snow gear, it’s not always practical. Instead, consider pieces that do double duty, like the Roadhouse boot. Whether you wear them over skinny jeans or fleece-lined tights, you’ll be ready to take on anything chilly that comes your way.
5. Native Jimmy Print Boots ($105): Your feet will forget what snow and freezing rain feel like when you take to the streets in a pair of Native boots. A water resistant upper keeps dampness out so your feet stay nice and dry, while the micro-fleece lining gives you just the right amount of insulation to beat those arctic temps.
6. Matt Bernson Windsor Wool Plaid Hiker Boot ($349): Even if we don’t totally love the negative temps and shoveling that go along with the winter months, if it means we can wear these wooly, leather lace-ups, we’re willing to suck it up.
7. Joie Norfolk Leather Boot ($200): The lugged outsoles on these vintage-inspired hikers mean business. Get your hands on a pair of -30 below merino wool socks, and you’ll be set.
8. Free People Out N About Glow Weather Boot ($100): Not only are these ankle boots crazy cute, they’re waterproof too, which means your feet will be singing your praises when the snow and sleet start to fall.
9. Tecnica Moon Boot W.E. Monaco Felt ($160): They may be designed for hopping around in zero gravity, but Moon Boots are pretty good for dashing through snow and slush here on Earth too. These iconic stompers are still going strong thanks to their waterproof nylon construction, hardy rubber sole and felt lining that help keep feet dry whether you’re on the slopes or strolling the city streets.
10. Sorel Women’s Glacy Explorer Shortie Boot ($125): If battling the elements is part of your daily routine, you need to get on these souped-up Sorels. From a waterproof suede leather and canvas upper to the cozy fleece lining and a tough rubber sole with serious grips, inclement weather can’t hold you down. Plus, if your feet need major support, they’ll find it in the molded EVA footbed.
11. Pendleton by Pendleton X Dr. Martens ($155): What happens when you mix Dr. Martens iconic boots with Pendleton’s intricately designed wool? Something pretty amazing. This winning collaboration is one you won’t want to pass up.
12. Tory Burch Abbott Quilted Shearling Boots ($300): Tory Burch gives classic, hunter-style boots a modern edge with vegan leather and shearling-lined cuffs that can be worn up or down, so you can switch up your style.
13. Woolrich Balt Buffalo Plaid Moto Boot ($225): You don’t have to ditch your favorite kicks just because there’s snow on the ground. Edgy ankle-length moto boots get winter ready with plaid wool paneling and tough rubber soles, so you can keep warm while still rockin’ your cool downtown style all winter long.
14. Merrell Decora Prelude Waterproof ($200): These stylish boots have all the features you’re looking for without the hefty price tag. Underneath the cute faux fur collar and waterproof ivory suede upper are some heavy-duty details like an impermeable membrane, which seals out water and lets moisture escape.
15. Sorel Slimpback Riding Boot ($210): If you live for your leather riding boots and would rather clear your social calendar than drag them through snow and sleet, then we just found your winter boot soulmate. With these, a few snowflakes will never stop you from hitting up happy hour or Sunday brunch again.
What are you wearing on your feet this winter? Tell us in the comments!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.