Beat Winter Like a Boss With These 15 Boots
After that whole polar vortex situation last winter, we’re serious about finding ways to keep warm and battle the elements. And that includes our feet. As we learned the hard way, just-your-average shoes don’t mix well with blistering cold temps and three plus inches of snow and black ice. So if you’re as ready as we are to kick inclement weather to the curb (and give your feet a fighting chance), get scrolling for some of our top winter boot picks.
1. Cougar Cranbook Boots ($150): With these silvery boots, the elements don’t stand a chance. Polar plush lining and a cold rating of -30 degrees Celsius/ -22 degrees Fahrenheit mean that even in the coldest temps, your feet will be super toasty. Plus, they’re waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about wading through slush-lined streets and ankle-deep puddles.
2. Sorel Snowlion XT Boots ($120): Just like its name, the Snowlion boot from Sorel is fierce. It offers top-of-the-line protection from extreme conditions, plus the multidirectional lug gives you enhanced traction, so wiping out isn’t even a possibility.
3. Free People Leopard Icon Hiker Boot ($228): Okay, so you may not want to wade through knee-high snow drifts in these babies, but the treaded rubber soles are ready to tackle all those slippery surfaces. With a leopard print and pony-hair upper, you’ll want to rock these hip boots long after the last drop of snow melts.
4. Woolrich Women’s Roadhouse Plaid Boot ($350): As tempting as it might be to get suited up in full-blown snow gear, it’s not always practical. Instead, consider pieces that do double duty, like the Roadhouse boot. Whether you wear them over skinny jeans or fleece-lined tights, you’ll be ready to take on anything chilly that comes your way.
5. Native Jimmy Print Boots ($105): Your feet will forget what snow and freezing rain feel like when you take to the streets in a pair of Native boots. A water resistant upper keeps dampness out so your feet stay nice and dry, while the micro-fleece lining gives you just the right amount of insulation to beat those arctic temps.
6. Matt Bernson Windsor Wool Plaid Hiker Boot ($349): Even if we don’t totally love the negative temps and shoveling that go along with the winter months, if it means we can wear these wooly, leather lace-ups, we’re willing to suck it up.
7. Joie Norfolk Leather Boot ($200): The lugged outsoles on these vintage-inspired hikers mean business. Get your hands on a pair of -30 below merino wool socks, and you’ll be set.
8. Free People Out N About Glow Weather Boot ($100): Not only are these ankle boots crazy cute, they’re waterproof too, which means your feet will be singing your praises when the snow and sleet start to fall.
9. Tecnica Moon Boot W.E. Monaco Felt ($160): They may be designed for hopping around in zero gravity, but Moon Boots are pretty good for dashing through snow and slush here on Earth too. These iconic stompers are still going strong thanks to their waterproof nylon construction, hardy rubber sole and felt lining that help keep feet dry whether you’re on the slopes or strolling the city streets.
10. Sorel Women’s Glacy Explorer Shortie Boot ($125): If battling the elements is part of your daily routine, you need to get on these souped-up Sorels. From a waterproof suede leather and canvas upper to the cozy fleece lining and a tough rubber sole with serious grips, inclement weather can’t hold you down. Plus, if your feet need major support, they’ll find it in the molded EVA footbed.
11. Pendleton by Pendleton X Dr. Martens ($155): What happens when you mix Dr. Martens iconic boots with Pendleton’s intricately designed wool? Something pretty amazing. This winning collaboration is one you won’t want to pass up.
12. Tory Burch Abbott Quilted Shearling Boots ($300): Tory Burch gives classic, hunter-style boots a modern edge with vegan leather and shearling-lined cuffs that can be worn up or down, so you can switch up your style.
13. Woolrich Balt Buffalo Plaid Moto Boot ($225): You don’t have to ditch your favorite kicks just because there’s snow on the ground. Edgy ankle-length moto boots get winter ready with plaid wool paneling and tough rubber soles, so you can keep warm while still rockin’ your cool downtown style all winter long.
14. Merrell Decora Prelude Waterproof ($200): These stylish boots have all the features you’re looking for without the hefty price tag. Underneath the cute faux fur collar and waterproof ivory suede upper are some heavy-duty details like an impermeable membrane, which seals out water and lets moisture escape.
15. Sorel Slimpback Riding Boot ($210): If you live for your leather riding boots and would rather clear your social calendar than drag them through snow and sleet, then we just found your winter boot soulmate. With these, a few snowflakes will never stop you from hitting up happy hour or Sunday brunch again.
What are you wearing on your feet this winter? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)