11 Rad Geek Gifts for Everyone on Your List
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. And for all you geeky, sci-fi loving people, that means plenty of new gadgets and movie and TV show-inspired goodies are about to fill up your stocking and pile up under the tree. Whether you’re a Wookie lover or know the entire Vulcan history, the geek gifts below will satisfy your outer space-loving heart. And if you’re more into the ’80s throwback games and movies, there’s a little ghostbusting and arcade game action for ya. Scroll on for all the geeky gifts you won’t want to miss out on this year.
1. Urban Outfitters Star Wars R2D2 Mug ($24): Let your favorite OG droid get you fueled every a.m. with this mug. The force will definitely be strong with you after a few of these.
2. Urban Outfitters World’s Smallest Walkie Talkie Set ($15): Communicate the old fashioned way with these tiny walkies. Use Morse Code or your own secret language with your bestie.
3. Urban Outfitters Ghostbusters Miniature Proton Replica ($13): There’s nothing like a mini proton pack to act out all your tiny ghostbusting adventures.
4. Urban Outfitters Mini Talking Chewie Plush Toy ($26): Learn how to speak Wookie with this adorable mini Chewbacca. Just give ’em a little squeeze and he’ll be winning your heart in no time.
5. Pintrill Live Long Hand Pin in Gold ($12): Let Spock live on (and prosper) in pin form. You can add this gilded Trekkie flare to your denim jacket or backpack for some geeky-chic style.
6. Cheerson CX-10 Mini Drone ($17): If you don’t already have a mini drone, you are not living up to your true geeky potential. Fly this bad boy around on Christmas morning for lots of laughs.
7. Urban Outfitters Handheld Pac-Man Arcade Game ($26): Throwback arcade game in miniature form? Yes, please! Get ready to eat *all* the ghosts for hours — just like old times.
8. Super Mario Brothers Checkers/Tic Tac Toe Combo ($16): Bring your Nintendo obsession to the next gamer level with a board game inspired by the epic duo Mario and Luigi. There will be plenty of hops to go around.
9. Urban Outfitters Star Trek Tee ($28): Rock this tee to take your Trekkie status into warp drive. Wear it with the Live Long and Prosper pin above for the ultimate binge session. Or just any old Saturday.
10. Urban Outfitters Classic Electronic Basketball Game ($32): Who needs a Gameboy when you can play this electronic basketball game for hours on end? It’s nothin’ but net for you.
11. Target Star Wars Stormtrooper Helmet ($9): Display this on your mantle year round or flaunt it next Halloween. It’s an affordable (and safe) way to steer toward the dark side.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Photography: Tory Putnam
Photo Styling: Katie Bond
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.