12 Crop Tops That Are Actually Sophisticated
The crop top is one of those summertime standbys that you rethink every. Single. Year. Because, let’s be real — the short-and-sweet silhouette requires careful consideration when it comes to pulling together a flawless off- or on-the-clock ensemble. While your pre-teen self could easily get away with the occasional fashion faux pas, the stakes are much higher now that you’re a working woman. Keep scrolling for 12 sophisticated styles that can hold it down day or night — without threatening your reputation.
1. Loéil Sofie Top ($72): Achieving sartorial greatness is as easy as slipping on an asymmetric crop top, high-waisted wide leg trousers, and a pair of sleek statement earrings for a night of schmoozing and sipping Champagne.
2. Fame and Partners Alt Top ($149): Stop it right now. When you thought a moonlit dinner with bae couldn’t get any better, this flirty bow-tied top appeared on the scene.
3. Mango Asymmetric Printed Top ($60): Even if jet-setting is out of the question this summer, keep those good vibes alive by investing in pieces bearing vibrant prints that feel like an island escape on their own. Amplify the effect with bold, colorful accessories and don’t-care hair.
4. Staud Fang Blouse ($91): What girl-on-the-go doesn’t like a timeless piece that can pull a bit of double duty at a moment’s notice? At the office, this playful tie-front top exudes don’t mess vibes with a printed pencil skirt and ankle boots, then takes on a totally new ‘tude when styled with high-waisted shorts, bright suede mules, and a tassel-trimmed bag for after-work.
5. ASOS Made in Kenya Crop Top in Chambray ($48): From the patchwork pattern to the asymmetric hem, we’re falling hard for this short-and-sweet chambray topper.
6. H&M Short Knit Top ($18): Nothing says got-it-together quite like a knit. We’re willing to bet this belly-bearing top will score you a few extra points on the sophistication scale when worn with tailored trousers, a statement collar necklace, and streamlined heels.
7. Finders Keepers Aston Top ($120): Oh this old thing? Just the difference between an average after-hours getup and the outfit that will usher you into the street-style hall of fame.
8. Maeve Ruffled Wrap Top ($78): With its ruffled trim and asymmetric styling, this cropped wrap top is equal parts sweet and sassy. Just add a swipe of fiery red lipstick and a petite crossbody bag for endless shenanigans.
9. A.L.C. Easton Cotton-Blend Crop Top ($225): Unleash the style goddess within thanks to this ethereal stunner that’s more than game for an afternoon strolling along the boardwalk.
10. MSGM Tied Detail Cropped Top ($277): Impressing bae’s parents doesn’t have to mean donning a sweater set. When paired with a pleated midi skirt and a rattan clutch, this red-hot number is poised to score plenty of brownie points with the in-laws.
11. Rails Thea Tie-Front Cropped Top ($138): The iconic button-down gets a warm-weather makeover with the help of a nonchalant silhouette, pale pink stripes, and a tie-front finish for a laid-back look that slays.
12. Keepsake Bridges Lace Top ($135): Who needs an LWD when you can whip out this ladylike number instead?
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.