11 Messy Buns for When You Woke Up like This
We’ve all done it: You wake up *way* too early to achieve that glorious work-to-date-night ‘do. And while sometimes it’s worth it to take that extra hour (or two) perfecting a red carpet-worthy look, let’s take a step back and embrace another way. It’s 2016 after all, and we’re living in the era of the lazy-girl hair trend; #wokeuplikethis style is alive and well. So go ahead and hit the snooze button and get ready to fall in love with these 11 beautifully messy buns that are as effortless as they look.
1. Wrap Bun: Channel your inner 60’s babe with a messy bun fit for Megan Draper. Add a printed wrap to that just-rolled-out-of-bed bun to bring the look a bit more style while still flaunting that effortless aura. (via @taylorlashae)
2. Curly Bun: Straight-haired girls don’t get all the fun. Show off those curls — in the laziest way ever! — with this simple, voluminous bun perfect for transitioning from the office to date night. (via Once Wed)
3. Wedding Bun: While weddings are, you know, pretty important events, that doesn’t mean you can’t still rock a low-maintenance ‘do. Get a bohemian look with this casual yet elegant bun accented with delicate gold detailing. (via Greg Finck / Style Me Pretty)
5. Floral Bun: If you’re anything like us, you’ve got a lot of weddings on your 2016 calendar. And while we love supporting our friends on their big day, that doesn’t mean we’re ready to spend hours on our hair. Vibrant flowers will give your bun a festive touch without going overboard. (via Treasures & Travels)
6. Origami Bun: For the girl looking to get crafty with her lazy-day ‘do, this aptly named bun involves folding your ponytail over itself several times. The result is as cute as any professionally styled look. (via Brit + Co)
8. Pinned Half Knot: While the half knot already boasts that too-cool-to-care vibe, this crazy easy bun kicks things up a notch. Toss out your hair ties and opt for a pin for your next half-knot style. (via Treasures & Travels)
10. Messy Pony Bun: Bring some romance to your next pony bun with this ethereal take on the effortless trend. The light, face-framing wisps bring softness to this wonderfully haphazard look. (via Camilla Pihl)
Show us your messy bun by tagging us on Instagram!