12 Pregnancy Apps That’ll Help You Survive Every Trimester
Congratulations, you’re having a baby! Now that you officially have a due date, it’s time to embrace all the goodies that come with being pregnant. With your body changing seemingly every hour, you’re probably going to Google some weird things (and start comparing your little one’s size to various fruit and veggies). But in order to help ease your already stressed-out mind, we’ve curated 12 helpful apps that’ll help you learn, track, and celebrate your pregnancy. You go, momma!
1. WebMD Pregnancy: Most people have used WebMD to check their random flu symptoms at least, but did you know that they have a specific app JUST for pregnancy? Find quick answers to FAQs, a blood pressure tracker, a belly photo album, kick counter, contraction timer, AND an appointment calendar as well.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Ovia Pregnancy and Baby Tracker: Using data science, the app delivers personal pregnancy plans, tracks milestones, and sends you immediate alerts for various health risks. Along with a kick counter and contraction timer, you can look up what specific symptoms mean, what medication is safe to take, and what food is good for you and baby too.
3. Moms Chat and Pregnancy Tracker: If you’re looking to connect with other soon-to-be moms in your area, consider downloading this app. According to the App Store, it’s “a community of moms who chat, laugh, brag, vent, cry, and support each other.” Find your mommy BFF and don’t forget to take advantage of the app’s pregnancy tracker and baby growth calendar.
4. The Bump Pregnancy Tracker: This all-in-one option is perfect for the gal who doesn’t want to clutter up her phone with a dozen other apps. You can get a 3D interactive visualization of your baby’s growth, get the inside scoop about your prenatal visits, keep a baby registry, AND document your growing belly. Phew!
5. Pregnancy +: Along with interactive images for every week of your pregnancy, you get a personal diary and doc visit log to record pretty much everything baby-related. Plus, with a handful of other goodies and surprises (including a mega helpful baby shopping list!), you’ll be sure to stay on track of your baby to-dos.
6. Pregnancy Tracker and Baby Development Calendar: Just entering your baby’s due date will get you a TON of exciting info on BabyCenter’s popular pregnancy app. All health content is monitored by members of their Medical Advisory Board, so you can feel confident that you’re getting accurate answers to your burning pregnancy questions. Make sure to also check out their tracker featuring cool videos, community groups for expecting moms, a baby name finder, and a photo diary.
7. Baby Names: Finding the perfect name for your tiny tot is a big responsibility. This sweet app is packed with more than 30,000 options, meanings, pronunciations, and origins. You can see how popular any name is from this year all the way back to 1880. Heck, you can even ask their Genie for suggestions that go perfectly with Mom’s and Dad’s.
8. Baby Pics: Let’s be honest; you probably have a TON of pictures of your growing belly on your smartphone. Jazz your bump pics up a bit with adorable artwork overlays, filters, and personalized text. You can even order prints of your creations with free delivery right to your door.
9. What to Expect:What to Expect When You’re Expecting is one of the most popular parenting books in the world — and a lite version puts its wisdom on your phone.
10. Totally Pregnant: If you’re looking for a place to determine if those morning sickness cures are old wives tales or proven mom facts, look no further. Along with sweet suggestions about surviving pregnancy life (and the best place to buy an affordable breastfeeding pillow!), TP also offers online prenatal and birth classes for the mom who’s always on-the-go.
11. Babylist Baby Registry: This online baby registry lets you add any items from any store — including Amazon, Etsy, Target, and independent local shops. You can also add meaningful gifts like home-cooked meals or babysitting to your registry. Hey, you can never have too many casseroles when baby arrives!
12. Bun in the Oven Pregnancy Sticker Pack: Share your excitement for your fast-arriving bundle of joy with your texting friends via this amazing pregnancy sticker pack. From week trackers to pregnancy brain blunders, there’s a sticker for every stage of this exciting time.
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
Which pregnancy app is your favorite? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.