The Best 2016 Bridesmaid Gift Trends for Your Girl Squad
A bridesmaid gift is THE time to pull out all the stops and show your gals how much you couldn’t live (or survive wedding planning) without them. Whether it was throwing you the boho-inspired bridal shower of your Pinterest dreams, traveling to four different cities to help you find your dream white dress or stuffing envelopes on their Friday nights, your squad deserves a medal — or a pretty sweet bridesmaid gift. The gift trends below have a little something for everyone and will show your favorite gals just how much you appreciate them. From the DIY gold foil totes to the epic subscription gifts, your girls will be pampered and styled to perfection.
1. Subscription Gifts: Your girls are there for you for months and months of planning and prepping, so gift them something to show you appreciate them throughout the whole process. Help them hone their perfect bridesmaid look with Birchbox ($10/month), keep their abode looking chic AF with the Box of Chic ($49/month) or get them excited for your destination wedding with Try the World ($39/month).
2. Squad Related: It’s the year of the Bride Squad. Gift each one of your ladies an ASOS Hen Bride Squad Badge ($6), DayDreamPrints Bride Squad Tattoos ($26) or Boohoo Brides Squad Cami and Short Set ($23). You’ll achieve some serious #squadgoals.
3. Jewelry That Says Something: Jewelry is a go-to gift for your ‘maids. Opt for something that says it’s just for them. Old school brides will love the ’90s throwback lyric Erica Weiner Heart Necklaces ($65 for three), or try a hidden message necklace by Beth Macri ($336), or go more traditional with the Best Friend Ever Kate Spade Idiom Bracelet ($58).
4. Colorful Flasks: Show your ladies you’re ready for them to let loose and have a good time. Gift them colorful flasks, like this Odeme Aqua Pocket Flask ($32) or Urban Outfitters Classic Flask ($14), or find a pattern that coordinates with your wedding theme, like this Zazzle Floral Print Hip Flask ($26).
5. DIY Totes: Craft up some DIY totes that your crew can rock long after the wedding weekend. Dive into the gold foil trend with our 10 ways to make gold foil totes tutorial, or create some glitter heart totes from Style Me Pretty for your lovely ladies. Pack those totes with wedding day essentials or other little trinkets, and get ready for your ladies to love ya.
6. Charms: While your gals may not be able to rock these on the day of, a charm for her keychain or tote is the perfect little something she can admire on the daily. Splurge for the Edie Parker Best Friends Charm ($350) or go small and playful with a Flamingo SkinnyDip Bag Charm ($12).
7. Personalized Water Bottles: Whether your ladies are the Queens of Soul Cycle or they just need some hydration post-wedding celebration, a just-for-them water bottle is a gift they can use way past your wedding morning photo opps. We can totally picture sipping on this gold and white ModParty Bridesmaid Water Bottle ($12) or this clear Beaucoup Monogram Tumbler ($25).
8. Kimono Robes: It’s hard not to lust after those perfect morning-of robe shots with your ladies. We have a feeling this trend is sticking around. Try a palm leaf Piyama Kimono Robe ($55), a bold floral Ivy and Matilda Robe ($139) or a Helena Quinn Silk Kimono Robe ($145), and get ready for a day full of #instaworthy snaps.
9. Bridesmaid Boxes: Sometimes one gift isn’t enough for your squad. Send your ‘maids a Confetti Post Bridesmaid Party Care Package ($54), try a DIY will you be my bridesmaid box a la Something Turquoise or gift a DIY gift box tower like I did for my special ladies.
10. Swoon-Worthy Pouches: This unicorn of bridesmaid gifts can be used on the day of your wedding and every day after. Gift a luxe pouch and fill with tissue, pretty lip gloss, wine wipes or any other day-of essentials. We’re lusting hard after the gorgeous leathers of these Tracey Tanner Pouches ($59), or go personalized with the All In One Gigi New York Clutch ($175).
What are you planning to gift your ‘maids? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!