31 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for Your Sister on National Sisters Day
There’s no one like your sister. She just gets you. She’s there *whenever* you need her — whether that means a Netflix binge sesh, ice cream and wine night or a girls weekend with just you two. While your epic bond should be celebrated any day and every day, National Sisters Day makes for yet another reason to show her the L-O-V-E. One way to do just that (besides getting one of these heartfelt sibling tattoos) is to send a sweet gift to your sis (or even your soul-sister/BFF/sister from another mister). With the 31 gifts below, there’s something here for everyone: You can gift your favorite girlboss a stylish planner, send the skilled chef a starry cutting board and pick up your fave fashionista a gift card to inspire her next shopping spree. Whichever gift you choose, these gift ideas are sweet, thoughtful and fun — just like your favorite gal.
1. Leif Chroma Leather Coaster Set ($42, set of four): Give your sister’s barware a stylish upgrade with these vibrant leather coasters featuring a modern laser-cut, geometric design. They’re perfect for whenever she wants to entertain guests — which, knowing her, will be all the time.
2. ModCloth That’s the Spirits! Wine Tote ($18): Whether she’s a fan of rosé or bubbly, there’s no doubt she’ll love this adorable wine tote she can use to hold either/both. It’s fun, festive and all-around *fab* with its coral, aqua and gold confetti pattern.
3. Brit + Co Nail Art Online Class ($19+): Make sure your sister’s mani and pedi are always on point by gifting her this online nail art class. In under an hour, she’ll be able to give you major #nailenvy with her newfound knowledge and skills mastering the latest nail art trends.
4. Uncommon Goods A Day in Tea Set ($27): Gift your tea-loving sis this comprehensive set of loose, whole leaf blends. With it, she’ll be able to wake up with a classic English breakfast tea, follow meals with an earthy digestive tea, perk up in the afternoon with a citrus green tea and get ready to sleep with a calming oolong tea.
Start a new creative project this weekend. Try one of our FREE online classes today!
5. Sugarfina Champagne Bears & Bubbly Bears Gift Box Set ($40): Gummy bears were a favorite growing up for both you and sis. So treat her to these tasty grown-up gummy bears that are spiked with brut and rosé. She’ll love them so much she’ll want to get more to share with her friends as future party favors!
6. Ban.do 17 Month Classic Agenda ($20): Is your big/little sis something of a neat freak? Give her an outlet for her need to organize with this super chic agenda that might even bring out her fun side. Featuring stickers, a pocket, secret code, coloring pages and more, this planner is one she’ll love for more than just its practicality.
7. Ban.do Hot Stuff Thermal Mug ($14): Satisfy your sister’s caffeine addiction with this super cute thermal mug. Because it’s insulated, this mug promises to keep her coffee hot all morning long.
8. Wary Meyeres Beachy Coconut Soap ($14): Inspired by surfboard wax, this yummy coconut-scented bar of soap is a bathroom essential for any sister who loves to hit the beach. With every wash, its tropical scent will have her daydreaming about summer even after it ends.
9. Topshop Best Friends Donut Key Rings ($20): You both love donuts and each other, so it’s no surprise this pair of key rings is the perfect gift for the both of you. She’ll appreciate being able to easily snap it onto her backpack or keys with its simple clasp design.
10. Urban Outfitters Emoji Sticker Sheet Set ($12, 18 sheets of stickers): There are times when all that you’ve texted each other are emoji, yet you totally understood what the other was talking about. If you and her are nailing emoji communication, then there’s no better gift than these 18 sheets of emoji stickers she can use to decorate her planner, phone and virtually anything else.
11. ModCloth Human Elations Desk Plaque ($30): Does your girlboss of a sister constantly impress you with her work ethic? If so, then this glossy desk sign is a must! She’ll love showing off this cute motivational sign on her desk for all her co-workers to see.
12. Nasty Gal Gift Card ($25+): If being stylish is right up her alley, this Nasty Gal gift card speaks for itself. From accessories to shoes, she’ll be able to pick out her favorite fashion pieces thanks to this trusty gift.
13. Nasty Gal #GIRLBOSS Signed Hardcover by Sophia Amoruso ($30): Your sis is one of the hardest working people you know and is out to rule the world one day. Celebrate the greatest girlboss in your life with this signed limited edition copy of #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso.
14. Habit Cosmetics Tabou Nail Polish ($18): Made without harmful chemicals, this Habit-made vibrant shade of nail polish makes a thoughtful gift for any gal who can appreciate a gorgeous nail polish color. Featuring naturally nail-strengthening ingredients, this nail polish is one she’ll appreciate for more than just its pretty color payoff, especially in the long run.
15. Kreafunk aHead Headphones ($128): Fumbling with wires are a thing of the past with this chic set of headphones. The only thing she’ll jokingly bug you about is why you didn’t get them for her sooner (back when you both needed a little personal space). ;)
16. Lumo Jewelry Initial Ring ($137): Gift your minimalist sister this lovely and delicate initial ring. It’s dainty enough to wear on the daily by itself or paired with other minimal pieces.
17. ModCloth Mind the Snap Smartphone Remote ($18): You never know when a great #selfie moment arises, so make sure she’s prepared with this smartphone selfie remote. Thanks to its easy bluetooth design, she’ll be able to keep those selfies coming. #Sorrynotsorry, everyone else on Instagram.
18. Leif Hibiscus Bath Soak ($36): Help her unwind with this ultra soothing hibiscus bath soak. Its antioxidant-rich ingredients will work to improve elasticity, even skin tone, gently exfoliate and enhance the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
19. Instax Photo Sleeve Magnet Set ($8, set of five): Let her frame her favorite instant photos with this set of five magnetic Instax photo sleeves. Because they’re clear, they’ll be super easy to decorate with markers or stickers.
20. Ban.do Power Bank ($54): She won’t have to ever worry about a dying battery, thanks to this power bank. It’s compatible with virtually all her devices and includes two USB outputs so she can double up on that charge.
21. Shutterfly Modern Floral Pillow ($40+): Spruce up her home decor with a personalized pillow featuring a photo of the both of you. Choose from different designs and styles for the perfect throw pillow that’ll complement her bed or sofa.
22. Monica Hues Text Me Bae Nail Decals ($15, two packs): These handcrafted water transfer nail decals will add a fun pop of color to any one of her manis. If she’s a strong believer in emoji, then she’ll definitely appreciate these fun decals.
23. Skinnydip Best Bitches Patch ($9, pack of two): Tell it how it is with this cheeky set of embroidered patches for you and your BFF sister. Iron onto denim jackets for stylish matching #ootds.
24. Urban Outfitters Personal Space Journal ($12): You love each other, but there have definitely been times when personal space was crucial growing up. Appeal to her need for personal space with this cute journal so she can jot down her thoughts.
25. What I Love About You Sis Book ($13): You love her to the moon and back, but it’s not every day you let her know what exactly you appreciate about her. Let her know how much she means to you with this sweet and thoughtful book you can fill with all the reasons you love her.
26. Uncommon Goods Bedside Smartphone Vase ($32): If she’s a techie, she’ll love this nightstand sprucer-upper that’s both a smartphone dock and vase. She’ll be able to simultaneously charge her phone while brightening up her bedside table with fresh blooms.
27. Leif Star Confetti Cutting Board ($80): For the sister who loves to cook, this cutting board that’s decked out in a starry print is the gift she’ll appreciate most. Crafted of solid maple wood, this paddle-style board features a hole she can use to hang and display it when not in use.
28. glitterandbold Stay Weird Mug ($20): After growing up your sister, you’re privy to all her quirks and just overall sense of weirdness. You wouldn’t have her any other way, so gift her this mug that celebrates all that makes her unique.
29. S’well Turquoise Blue Stainless Steel Water Bottle ($25+): No matter what she’s doing — whether she’s working out or toiling away at the office — make sure she stays hydrated with this water bottle. Equal parts functional and sleek, the S’well bottle promises to keep her drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12.
30. LayeredAndLong XO Sister Necklaces ($59): Choose from either 14k gold fill or sterling silver for elegant matching sister necklaces. The pendants’ beautiful hammered texture and dainty chains will make them perfect to rock with everyday outfits.
31. Topshop Best Friends Ying Yang Badges ($18): She’s your sister and BFF, so what’s more fitting than these best friends matching yin yang badges? Aside from how cute they are, they’ll have her thinking about you whenever she spots them on her lapel.
Which of these gifts would your sister appreciate most? Follow us on Pinterest for more gift ideas!
Start a new creative project this weekend. Try one of our FREE online classes today!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.