31 Thoughtful Gift Ideas for Your Sister on National Sisters Day
There’s no one like your sister. She just gets you. She’s there *whenever* you need her — whether that means a Netflix binge sesh, ice cream and wine night or a girls weekend with just you two. While your epic bond should be celebrated any day and every day, National Sisters Day makes for yet another reason to show her the L-O-V-E. One way to do just that (besides getting one of these heartfelt sibling tattoos) is to send a sweet gift to your sis (or even your soul-sister/BFF/sister from another mister). With the 31 gifts below, there’s something here for everyone: You can gift your favorite girlboss a stylish planner, send the skilled chef a starry cutting board and pick up your fave fashionista a gift card to inspire her next shopping spree. Whichever gift you choose, these gift ideas are sweet, thoughtful and fun — just like your favorite gal.
1. Leif Chroma Leather Coaster Set ($42, set of four): Give your sister’s barware a stylish upgrade with these vibrant leather coasters featuring a modern laser-cut, geometric design. They’re perfect for whenever she wants to entertain guests — which, knowing her, will be all the time.
2. ModCloth That’s the Spirits! Wine Tote ($18): Whether she’s a fan of rosé or bubbly, there’s no doubt she’ll love this adorable wine tote she can use to hold either/both. It’s fun, festive and all-around *fab* with its coral, aqua and gold confetti pattern.
3. Brit + Co Nail Art Online Class ($19+): Make sure your sister’s mani and pedi are always on point by gifting her this online nail art class. In under an hour, she’ll be able to give you major #nailenvy with her newfound knowledge and skills mastering the latest nail art trends.
4. Uncommon Goods A Day in Tea Set ($27): Gift your tea-loving sis this comprehensive set of loose, whole leaf blends. With it, she’ll be able to wake up with a classic English breakfast tea, follow meals with an earthy digestive tea, perk up in the afternoon with a citrus green tea and get ready to sleep with a calming oolong tea.
Start a new creative project this weekend. Try one of our FREE online classes today!
5. Sugarfina Champagne Bears & Bubbly Bears Gift Box Set ($40): Gummy bears were a favorite growing up for both you and sis. So treat her to these tasty grown-up gummy bears that are spiked with brut and rosé. She’ll love them so much she’ll want to get more to share with her friends as future party favors!
6. Ban.do 17 Month Classic Agenda ($20): Is your big/little sis something of a neat freak? Give her an outlet for her need to organize with this super chic agenda that might even bring out her fun side. Featuring stickers, a pocket, secret code, coloring pages and more, this planner is one she’ll love for more than just its practicality.
7. Ban.do Hot Stuff Thermal Mug ($14): Satisfy your sister’s caffeine addiction with this super cute thermal mug. Because it’s insulated, this mug promises to keep her coffee hot all morning long.
8. Wary Meyeres Beachy Coconut Soap ($14): Inspired by surfboard wax, this yummy coconut-scented bar of soap is a bathroom essential for any sister who loves to hit the beach. With every wash, its tropical scent will have her daydreaming about summer even after it ends.
9. Topshop Best Friends Donut Key Rings ($20): You both love donuts and each other, so it’s no surprise this pair of key rings is the perfect gift for the both of you. She’ll appreciate being able to easily snap it onto her backpack or keys with its simple clasp design.
10. Urban Outfitters Emoji Sticker Sheet Set ($12, 18 sheets of stickers): There are times when all that you’ve texted each other are emoji, yet you totally understood what the other was talking about. If you and her are nailing emoji communication, then there’s no better gift than these 18 sheets of emoji stickers she can use to decorate her planner, phone and virtually anything else.
11. ModCloth Human Elations Desk Plaque ($30): Does your girlboss of a sister constantly impress you with her work ethic? If so, then this glossy desk sign is a must! She’ll love showing off this cute motivational sign on her desk for all her co-workers to see.
12. Nasty Gal Gift Card ($25+): If being stylish is right up her alley, this Nasty Gal gift card speaks for itself. From accessories to shoes, she’ll be able to pick out her favorite fashion pieces thanks to this trusty gift.
13. Nasty Gal #GIRLBOSS Signed Hardcover by Sophia Amoruso ($30): Your sis is one of the hardest working people you know and is out to rule the world one day. Celebrate the greatest girlboss in your life with this signed limited edition copy of #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso.
14. Habit Cosmetics Tabou Nail Polish ($18): Made without harmful chemicals, this Habit-made vibrant shade of nail polish makes a thoughtful gift for any gal who can appreciate a gorgeous nail polish color. Featuring naturally nail-strengthening ingredients, this nail polish is one she’ll appreciate for more than just its pretty color payoff, especially in the long run.
15. Kreafunk aHead Headphones ($128): Fumbling with wires are a thing of the past with this chic set of headphones. The only thing she’ll jokingly bug you about is why you didn’t get them for her sooner (back when you both needed a little personal space). ;)
16. Lumo Jewelry Initial Ring ($137): Gift your minimalist sister this lovely and delicate initial ring. It’s dainty enough to wear on the daily by itself or paired with other minimal pieces.
17. ModCloth Mind the Snap Smartphone Remote ($18): You never know when a great #selfie moment arises, so make sure she’s prepared with this smartphone selfie remote. Thanks to its easy bluetooth design, she’ll be able to keep those selfies coming. #Sorrynotsorry, everyone else on Instagram.
18. Leif Hibiscus Bath Soak ($36): Help her unwind with this ultra soothing hibiscus bath soak. Its antioxidant-rich ingredients will work to improve elasticity, even skin tone, gently exfoliate and enhance the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
19. Instax Photo Sleeve Magnet Set ($8, set of five): Let her frame her favorite instant photos with this set of five magnetic Instax photo sleeves. Because they’re clear, they’ll be super easy to decorate with markers or stickers.
20. Ban.do Power Bank ($54): She won’t have to ever worry about a dying battery, thanks to this power bank. It’s compatible with virtually all her devices and includes two USB outputs so she can double up on that charge.
21. Shutterfly Modern Floral Pillow ($40+): Spruce up her home decor with a personalized pillow featuring a photo of the both of you. Choose from different designs and styles for the perfect throw pillow that’ll complement her bed or sofa.
22. Monica Hues Text Me Bae Nail Decals ($15, two packs): These handcrafted water transfer nail decals will add a fun pop of color to any one of her manis. If she’s a strong believer in emoji, then she’ll definitely appreciate these fun decals.
23. Skinnydip Best Bitches Patch ($9, pack of two): Tell it how it is with this cheeky set of embroidered patches for you and your BFF sister. Iron onto denim jackets for stylish matching #ootds.
24. Urban Outfitters Personal Space Journal ($12): You love each other, but there have definitely been times when personal space was crucial growing up. Appeal to her need for personal space with this cute journal so she can jot down her thoughts.
25. What I Love About You Sis Book ($13): You love her to the moon and back, but it’s not every day you let her know what exactly you appreciate about her. Let her know how much she means to you with this sweet and thoughtful book you can fill with all the reasons you love her.
26. Uncommon Goods Bedside Smartphone Vase ($32): If she’s a techie, she’ll love this nightstand sprucer-upper that’s both a smartphone dock and vase. She’ll be able to simultaneously charge her phone while brightening up her bedside table with fresh blooms.
27. Leif Star Confetti Cutting Board ($80): For the sister who loves to cook, this cutting board that’s decked out in a starry print is the gift she’ll appreciate most. Crafted of solid maple wood, this paddle-style board features a hole she can use to hang and display it when not in use.
28. glitterandbold Stay Weird Mug ($20): After growing up your sister, you’re privy to all her quirks and just overall sense of weirdness. You wouldn’t have her any other way, so gift her this mug that celebrates all that makes her unique.
29. S’well Turquoise Blue Stainless Steel Water Bottle ($25+): No matter what she’s doing — whether she’s working out or toiling away at the office — make sure she stays hydrated with this water bottle. Equal parts functional and sleek, the S’well bottle promises to keep her drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12.
30. LayeredAndLong XO Sister Necklaces ($59): Choose from either 14k gold fill or sterling silver for elegant matching sister necklaces. The pendants’ beautiful hammered texture and dainty chains will make them perfect to rock with everyday outfits.
31. Topshop Best Friends Ying Yang Badges ($18): She’s your sister and BFF, so what’s more fitting than these best friends matching yin yang badges? Aside from how cute they are, they’ll have her thinking about you whenever she spots them on her lapel.
Which of these gifts would your sister appreciate most? Follow us on Pinterest for more gift ideas!
Start a new creative project this weekend. Try one of our FREE online classes today!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.