6 Ways to Hack the Ultimate Holiday Mani
Against that sequined party dress, a full-on glitter manicure just won’t do (it’s not that we don’t love sparkle, but sometimes enough is enough). At the same time, it is the holidays, so you’re going to want to give your nails a more exciting look than simply swiping on your everyday polish. That’s where 3D embellishments come into play. From light-catching rhinestones to metallic gold leaf, these add-ons instantly transform any manicure, no matter how simple. Plus, they’re easy enough to DIY for the festivities right around the corner (just a dab of nail glue will set each glitzy bit in place). Scroll through for these last-minute ways to hack next-level holiday nail art.
1. Rhinestones: Your holiday party outfit is all about drama: you’re wrapped in (faux) fur, glistening in a gem-toned jumpsuit and wearing the most intricate braid you could DIY. Obviously, your nails are getting an equally luxe makeover. Paintbox Salon in NYC shows that diamond-inspired manicures are a girl’s best friend. (via @paintboxnails)
2. Studs: Red bows are such an expected gift topper, don’t you think? That’s why we love this metallic twist on traditional “wrapped” nails from Bay Area nail artist Taylor Watson (who also happens to be Brit + Co’s go-to girl for all things DIY mani-related). Rock a similar look on NYE by losing the red stripes — a silver studded all-nude mani is the perfect understated yet eye-catching design. (via @sfpartynails)
3. Glitter: Like we said, we’re by no-means anti-glitter, but there are other ways to wear it besides brushed across all ten digits. Used sparsely as the ornaments on an ombre tree accent naill, the specks are more wow-worthy than ever. Another insanely ‘gram-able look from the always amazing French nail art blogger Camille Elisa. (via @pshiiit_polish)
4. Gold Leaf: How can gold adornments get any more luxurious? When the flecks are as shiny as foil. It’s a foolproof way to get your nails noticed no matter what the occasion, especially when it’s glittering against a dark polish like on Sydney-based nail polish blogger Maria Vlezko’s perfect-for-NYE mani. (via @so_nailicious)
5. Caviar: Here’s another look from SoNailicious’ Maria Vlezko that makes a solid color manicure pop and proves that caviar polish can be super versatile. Create a can’t-stop-staring accent nail by adding the micro beads to a shape on your nail made with double-sided tape. (via @so_nailicious)
6. Confetti: No party is complete without confetti, and no party look is complete without a manicure, so it felt completely natural to bring the two together. Use up some extra bits of the sparkly stuff to top off your next mani for the most epic party/nail hack of the year. (via Brit + Co)
How do you add extra flair to your party manicures? What nail art mavens do you follow on Instagram? Tell us in the comments below.