5 Tricks to Ease Sore Muscles
Challenging your body and pushing through a booty-kicking workout is the best feeling. You boost your metabolism, up your energy levels, and feel amazing after. You may also feel a little sore, and that’s completely normal. Today we’re sharing our go-to tips for soothing sore muscles so you can come back stronger at your next workout!
1. Power up on protein. We always have protein within 30 minutes of a workout. Protein helps form sexy, lean muscles and eases soreness. The amino acid L-glutamine in protein slows the breakdown of your muscles after a workout. We love making smoothies with clean, plant-based, gluten-free Tone It Up Protein which contains L-glutamine. Find some of our fave recipes HERE!
2. Do the ripe thing. Dark fruits like tart cherries and blueberries help reduce Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (AKA DOMS). You know that feeling when you’ve worked out SO hard, but you don’t feel sore until the next day or even the day after? That’s DOMS. Snack on a handful of berries or try our Blueberry Bark for a muscle-soothing dessert!
3. Spice it up. The inflammation levels in your body are high after exercising. Certain spices like ginger, turmeric, and cayenne naturally have anti-inflammatory compounds that help with soreness. Sip on this soothing ginger smoothie or whip up these Spicy Cauliflower Wings. They’re one of our faves!
4. Roll. We use a foam roller just about every night. It’s such an amazing tool for releasing stress in your muscles and bringing blood flow back to those tight areas. Try these moves on your roller to relax and recover!
5. Stretch it out. Taking time to stretch deep into your sore spots will make you feel amazing and prevent injury. Try this stretching routine for some serious muscle relief. And check out Beach Babe 5 for even more stretching routines.
Looking for more fitness and nutrition advice to reach your goals? Join the Tone It Up team for our Summer Tone Up Challenge! It’s four weeks of daily workouts, toning routines, live Instagram workouts, slimming recipes, and support from this amazing community! Join us HERE!
(Photos via Getty)