Mother’s Day is coming up and you know what that means… It’s time to start searching for the perfect way to show your mom just how much she means to you. If you're looking for some fresh ideas on the old greeting card tradition, why not consider sending your mom a digital card right from your iPhone? Worried that there are no quality e-cards out there? Worry not! These digital “cards” are creative, fun, and super simple to make. The best part: your mom will love them!
1. Photo Collage & FX: Send your mom a super cute and simple to create photo collage. This app lets you easily assemble any photos that you have stored on your iPhone, Facebook account, or Flickr account into a beautiful photo collage. You can also choose to add a message and fun captions to the collage for even more personalization. You can download the app for $1.99 and it is compatible with the iPhone and iPad.
2. PopBooth: Create a photo strip of you and your siblings (or just you!) and give your mom an instant smile with the PopBooth app. PopBooth is a free photo booth app that will take four timed photos of you with your iPhone (photo booth style) and then turn those photos into a photo strip. You can adjust the mood of each photo with different filters that will turn the photos black & white or give them a vintage feel. Then, you can choose to instantly share the photo strip on Facebook or through email.
Plus, you can order a copy of your photo strip to be printed and PhotoBooth will mail them right to your mother's door on high quality, glossy card stock for only $2.99. For some tips on how to capture the best shots for your photo strip, consider taking the photos outside in a scenic spot (maybe with some pretty flowers) and don’t forget props! PopBooth is compatible with both the iPhone and iPad.
3. ComicBook!: Tell your mom how awesome she is with a comic book created just for her thanks to the ComicBook! app. The ComicBook! app will let you turn your whole family into heroes and villains all for your moms amusement. The app turns your photos into comic book pages thanks to tons of comic style photo filters, customizable page layouts, captions, graphics, fonts, and much, much more. You can share the comic through Facebook, email, and twitter, or you can print the comic and hand it off to your Mom as a gift. You can download the app for $1.99 and it is compatible with the iPhone and iPad.
4. Paperless Post: Customize your own Mother’s Day card with Paperless Post's app. Paperless Post makes it easy to send simple yet elegant customized stationary over the web. The app lets you select a card template and customize it with your own photo and message. Once you have finished making the card you can email it straight to your Mom’s inbox. Even better, she can reply to you right through the card.
Use the video feature on your iPhone to create a totally unique and awesome Mother’s Day greeting right from your iPhone. Want to create a short film for your mom? Recite a poem? Sing a song? The possibilities are endless with the video feature on your iPhone so why not go ahead and test them out. We suggest getting a friend to help you film and you will likely want to find a way to rest your iPhone on a sturdy surface so that you don’t end up with shaky footage.
5. Viddy: If you want to spruce up your video with some filters or light editing there are a ton of great video editing apps to help you do that too. For example, Viddy is a free app that is being called the Instagram of video and the app lets you add visual effects, music, transitions, and even movie stars to your video.
6. Silent Film Director: This app gives your video footage a vintage feel and even lets you turn them into silent films with music, transitions, title cards, and other effects that you would find in a silent film. No doubt the video feature on your iPhone makes the possibilities to show your appreciation for your mom endless.
What techy ways do you use to send greetings to loved ones? Leave us your ideas in the comments below or find us on Twitter.
Kamaila Sanders is the cofounder of Chalkpack, a new startup that offers a digital space for students and young adults to grow professionally and build their personal brand. In the past, Kamaila has written for Business Insider about new gadgets and technologies. Kamaila is passionate about helping women to understand how technology can improve their lives as well as discover the really cool things they can do with it! You can follow her on twitter: @KamailaSanders.