9 Amazing Kickstarters to Fund This November
With Thanksgiving (or Friendsgiving) just around the corner, we’re listing all the things we are thankful for. Along with all the standards — a loving family, our health and our career — we are also super thankful for being able to support makers across the globe innovate, experiment and create. That’s why we’re pumped to share these nine crowdfunds on Kickstarter and Indiegogo with y’all. Happy splurging :)
1. Slice Planner: We’ve been a teensy bit obsessed with the ever trendy paper planning movement lately… but that also doesn’t mean we’re ditching our iCal anytime soon. This hybrid paper-digital planning system is the best of both worlds. Powered by augmented reality, simply color in the clockface diagram on the page and the system will automatically transfer your schedule to your online calendar.
2. ROAV Eyewear: Even for us gals who love carrying around a massive purse, lugging around sunglasses and sunglass cases can be mega annoying. This cool eyewear line features micro screwless hinges so the sunglasses can actually fold to fit in your pocket. Yeah, we’re pretty excited about this one.
3. Trickstick: This fun toy is perfect for the girl who’s still waiting for her letter to Hogwarts. The Trickstick is basically a high-res handheld LED display (and it’s perfect for creating super cool pictures) but it operates just like a wand. Accio stocking stuffer!
4. TAPS: Turn any glove touchscreen compatible with this handy sticker solution. Made with an extremely adhesive conductive material, simply apply the stickers to your glove and Insta in the cold with ease.
View this post on Instagram
@timmy75 with some serious power on his wrist. Tag a friend that could use this set-up! #lumecube #gopro #goprosession #canon #5dmarkiii #litbylume #lumelife #usemycube #photography #twoshot #weekend #shoot #snap #gear #lifestylelight
A post shared by World’s Most Versatile Light™ (@lumecube) on
5. Life Lite: Whether you’re a professional photographer or an avid Instagram enthusiast, everyone knows that finding the right lighting is 90 percent of getting a good shot. That’s what makes this product so cool — no matter what camera you use, this smart light can attach to basically anything.
6. KIN: The amount of times we’ve created a scene by spilling change all over a store’s floor is reason enough to invest in this product. Marketed as the world’s first wallet that separates your cash and coins in a cinch, this handy wallet is spill-proof (we repeat, SPILL-PROOF). Basically, it’s a must for holiday shopping.
7. Sevenhugs: Universal remotes are ubiquitous, but what makes this one stand out is its simplicity. Just point at what you want to control (it’s compatible with 25,000 devices and counting) and the screen automatically adapts to reveal controls specifically for that device.
8. Elliegrid: There hasn’t been any innovation to the pillbox in decades, which makes this new crowdfund revolutionary. With this techy new method, pills are sorted by type, not time. When it’s time to take your medication the lights on the box will tell you how many pills to take. Heck, you can even set up smartphone notifications for if your loved one doesn’t open their pill box when the timer goes off.
9. 01: No, this isn’t your ordinary pen. 01 is the world’s first dimensioning instrument designed to roll to capture the dimensions of any object. Plus, it logs, converts and shares the dimensions through your smartphone like the true James Bond gadget it is.
Are you currently backing any cool Kickstarters? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via TAPS)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)