9 Apps to Download for a DIY-Filled Weekend
To celebrate the launch of our new line of DIY kits coming to Target TODAY, we’ve decided to spend the entire weekend getting our DIY on — from sprucing up our apartment with cute springy decor to updating our closet with adorable statement sneakers. But because we don’t have a *ton* of time to get creative, we’re looking to the latest tech to help streamline (and troubleshoot) our projects. So without further ado, here are nine maker-friendly apps that’ll help you make the most of your DIY weekend.
1. WatchDIY: If you’re still looking for DIY inspiration to strike, look no further. This awesome app makes it easy to stream your favorite maker-approved shows. Simply sign in with the username and password provided by your TV service provider and get access to full episodes and exclusive extras wherever your DIY adventure takes you.
2. Skillshare: Looking to learn a new skill this weekend? With thousands of classes on topics from photography to crafting, this awesome app is perfect for the gal who wants to try their hand at *everything.* Plus, you can try their premium model free for 30 days and get unlimited access to tons of classes. Let’s get DIYing!
3. Brit + Co: Not to toot our own horn, but we’re definitely all about that DIY life. Not only do we regularly share our own cool projects, but you can even sign up for sweet DIY online classes too. (And don’t forget: We even offer a free online class when you purchase one of our DIY kits at Target!)
4. Neybers: Because we love the look of expensive furniture but aren’t quite willing to part with our entire paycheck for a measly chair, we’re definitely all for a cheeky IKEA hack. To help you find the exact statement piece that’ll make your space pop, use this cool tool that helps you use real designer furniture to better visualize your dream home. Spoiler alert: It’s mega addictive.
5. Pinterest: Let’s be honest — Pinterest is pretty much DIY gold. Whether you want to search something specific or follow your fave DIYers for inspiration, there’s no better place on the web to find your next show-stopping project.
6. The Home Depot: This retail giant offers some pretty cool DIY classes and even has some awesome how-to guides on their handy app. The only thing that we don’t really *love* is that they put do-it-yourself and do-it-herself as two separate categories (we can make more than hanging planters, thank you very much!).
7. DIYZ: Whether you’re redoing your bathroom or revamping your bedroom, this awesome home improvement app has you covered. With how-to guides that take you through a myriad of projects step-by-step AND free real-time video chat with expert advisors, it’s definitely a must-download.
8. Planner 5D: Go ahead, DIY your dream apartment. With this fun app you can blueprint your home in both 2D and 3D and add all the interior items you want. From feng shui to hygge, this app will help you find your personal style.
9. Craftsy: Explore hundreds of online DIY classes in nearly every craft with this app. From lessons on quilting to a master class in cake decorating, you can even take your lessons offline for those no-WiFi moments.
What are you DIYing this weekend? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.