Bookmark These 9 New Brands for Your Fall Shopping Haul
Summer? It’s been good, but we’re ready for ALL the cozy things that come with fall. With new fashion launches to bookmark and hot-ticket fashion buys to snag (yes, we’re adding to our virtual shopping cart as we speak), there’s no time like RN to start making your list and checking it twice. Mini back-to-school shopping haul? YAS girl… as if you even needed to ask. Scroll through for nine under-the-radar brands that will breathe new life into your fall wardrobe.
1. Nyden: Swedish retailer H&M is back in action with a new affordable luxury brand catering to the millennial crowd that carries everything from an edgy studded leather biker jacket to trendy mom flare jeans. Meet Nyden, a co-creative platform rooted in the future of fashion and innovation. Go full-on Zenon this fall with Nyden’s Metallic Zipper Miniskirt ($120). 10/10, would recommend for any disco dance party.
2. Land of Distraction: Calling all thrill seekers, rule breakers, and wandering souls! Allow Land of Distraction to be your ticket to the wild, wild west. The contemporary label’s fall collection boasts a rich autumnal palette (ALL the goldenrod and rust hues, please) and enough crushed velvet and throwback corduroy to unleash your inner ’70s babe. Rev up the rebellious spirit with Land of Distraction’s Sam A-Line Mini Skirt ($325) — a worthy companion to the season’s beloved combat boot.
3. CIE Denim: Behold, the culprit behind those WTF-worthy upside-down denim shorts that, er, may have caused you to tilt your head. Each of CIE Denim’s reinvented classics and inverted vintage styles feature one-of-a-kind color and distressing that will make you stand out this fall. May we recommend the Maxine ($475), the quintessential high-rise acid wash jean, as an ode to the ’90s?
4. Cesta Collective: Bring the basket bag trend into fall ’18 with this Cesta Collective Zebra Lunchpail ($375) featuring a drawstring closure and an Italian Nappa calfskin leather handle. The newly launched woven handbag line by Erin Ryder and Courtney Fasciano. The brand’s underlying mission is to promote female empowerment, and it gives back to the community through a network of artisans in Rwanda.
5. Elliette: Cool girl alert! Cool girl alert! Elliette’s resort-inspired collection is likely to be a hit among the Insta crowd soon. Between the boho-fabulous prints and the ladylike details, there’s something unique and special to be found with each piece. You’ll want to play dress up in the Jax Mini Dress ($525), a gorgeous floral silk georgette dress that’s just femme enough for upcoming fall nuptials.
6. Choosy: Drop it like it’s haute with Choosy, a size-inclusive brand (sizes 0-20) that delivers the latest influencer-driven styles directly to your doorstep. Utilizing a “see it, want it, buy it” approach to shopping, Choosy launches new made-to-order styles twice a week based upon the top trending items on Instagram — and get this, everything’s under $100. Channel a work hard, play harder mentality with this Kim Kardashian-inspired Beso Blazer Dress ($68) and some sexy lace-up metallic heels.
7. LADY/LAY: You heard it first: Newcomer LADY/LAY is officially putting bathleisure — a combination of athleisure, streetwear, and luxe fashion — on the grid. The lazy girl-approved brand co-founded by LA natives Jenny Der and Amy Anisgarten consists of post-shower essentials that you can wear either behind closed doors or in the world. Embrace the “robe life” with this French Terry Trench Bathrobe ($180) that’s soft to the touch and versatile enough for your morning commute.
8. KOTN: Step aside, Everlane. Canadian brand KOTN is about to become your new go-to supplier for ethically made basics (think: everything from a flowy empire waist babydoll dress to cropped boxy tees) that don’t break the bank. It’s comfortable everyday essentials like this Egyptian cotton KOTN Cropped Sweatshirt ($57) that will have you adopting a leisure lewk — just add vintage Levi’s, natch.
9. Tio y Tia: Just one month spent out in the Mojave Desert and the idea behind Tio y Tia was born. Stocked with everything from a classic woven straw bolero hat to a Georgia O’Keeffe-inspired classic, the female-founded hat line inspired by the American Southwest is geared toward the modern woman. Style The Beatriz ($195), a soft gray flat-brimmed hat, with jeans and a tee or a ruffled prairie dress and suede Western boots.
Which of these brands are you most excited about shopping this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.