Summer’s colorful and crazy hair trends left us with damaged, overly processed hair in need of a break from those chemicals. Not to mention that the changing of seasons and weather conditions can seriously stress out our hair. For bleached-out and dried-out tresses, we’ve chosen the best restorative hair masks perfect for your hair emergency.
1. Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm by L’Oreal ($7): Best for damaged, over-processed and chemically-treated hair, this balm instantly repairs split ends and weak, rough, dull or dry hair. A drugstore favorite, this mask claims to repair a year’s worth of damage in one use. Ceramides work to restore split ends, weak and rough cuticles and thirsty tresses that are in need of a serious overhaul.
2. OGX Intensive Moisture Mask, Hydrating Macadamia Oil ($7): This mask is an ultra-moisturizing blend of macadamia oils and bamboo extract created to give your hair new life. This totally indulgent deep conditioner not only gently conditions dry, brittle hair, but also mends split ends with sugar cane extract. Sweet!
3. Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque ($34): Enriched with buriti oil, pomegranate and palm-derived conditioners, this mask helps seal in intense moisture, softness and shine. Its unique blend of organic palmarosa, ylang-ylang, rose geranium and a hint of vanilla make it smell heavenly.
4. Moroccanoil® Intense Hydrating Mask ($16): Got a thick mane in need of serious TLC? This rich and creamy deep-conditioning mask works in five minutes to improve hair’s texture, elasticity, shine and manageability. The argan oil-rich formula deeply hydrates and conditions while boosting hair vitality with antioxidants.
5. Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask ($38): Here’s an intensive hair mask that won’t weigh down your hair. It provides lightweight moisture with Moringa Seed Oil, promotes hair resilience with keratin and protein and creates instant shine with Yuzu Oil. If you’re not sure what your hair type is, this all-hair-type-friendly mask is the one for you. This cruelty-free product is not tested on animals and is safe for color-treated and keratin-treated hair.
6. Neutrogena Deep Recovery Hair Mask ($6): For the ladies struggling with extra-dry, over-processed and color-treated hair: your search is over. This nourishing treatment can be used weekly to penetrate deeply to every layer of the hair shaft. Olive oil promotes deep conditioning and strengthening, while meadowform seed helps moisturize the middle layer. Sweet almond oil surrounds the surface cuticle to seal in the moisture.
7. Pantene Damage Detox: Weekly Rehab Crème ($7): Designed for color-treated hair, this rehab crème is a weekly ritual step that’s part of Pantene’s first-ever total detox system for hair. Its super lux formula instantly renews hair in only two minutes, promising brilliant shine and long-lasting smoothness.
8. Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask ($39): A deeply hydrating, shine-enhancing mask, this option weightlessly detangles while restoring luster to dry hair. Angelica root extract combined with sweet orange oil imparts hair with a glossy shine and vitality. This indulgent conditioning mask also contains jojoba oil, which supports hair elasticity and prevents breakage.
9. Carols Daughter Sacred Tiare Restoring Hair Mask ($13): This oil-rich formula works best for damaged, coarse, frizzy and unruly hair. Made with coprah coconut oil, moringa oil, babassu oil and olive oil (so basically a lot of fancy oils), it’ll ensure your hair is healthy and fortified, keeping it frizz-free. The deeply restoring hair mask also leaves hair noticeably smooth with its unique blend of tiare gardenia flower and shea butter. Best of all, the mask is made without parabens, mineral oil, artificial colors or petroleum.
10. 3 Minute Miracle Moist ($3): It doesn’t get more budget-friendly than this mark, made with a touch of Australian Aloe, Jojoba and Sea Kelp. It will transform dry hair into silky, shiny waves in three short minutes with a nourishing and intensely hydrating formula. This two-time winner of the Allure Best of Beauty Award and the Glamour Glammy Award for “Best Conditioner” will smooth your frazzled, dehydrated strands, leaving you with remarkably smooth locks in three minutes flat.
Which of these masks is your favorite? Let us know how they worked out for you in the comments below!