Morning Buzz! Amy Schumer Admits the Most Meaningful Thing About Her New Vanity Fair Cover
1. Amy Schumer is looking like a pinup on her new Vanity Fair cover, but dig a little deeper into the outtakes and you’ll find the one Amy likes the best — a picture of her in a “No coffee, no workee” tshirt (same) with her lady parts on fire. Of course. “I begged Annie to photograph me with no underwear on in just a T-shirt,” Schumer tells Vanity Fair. “I explained to her how important it was to me and she finally agreed. I felt powerful and beautiful. She understood once we shot it. Or maybe she ran to the bathroom to throw up. It was one of the most meaningful moments of my life.” Why can’t we hang out with her every day?! One of life’s true injustices. (h/t People)
— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) April 25, 2016
2. Anna Kendrick’s book now has a title and release date. If you’re a fan of Anna Kendrick’s deep and funny self deprecation, you’ll be excited to know that her humorous personal essay book, Scrappy Little Nobody, will be out on November 15. “Because I get uncomfortable when people have high expectations, I’d like to use this opportunity to showcase my ineptitude, pettiness and the frequency with which I embarrass myself.” Lol, same.
3. Kevin Jonas and his wife announced the upcoming arrival of baby number two in this adorable photo! Former Jonas Brother band member Kevin and his wife Danielle have announced that they’re expecting their second child, due sometime this winter. The photo features the couple in bed and surrounded by snacks. If Kevin wasn’t reading What to Expect When You’re Expecting, this would just look like a typical night in for us TBH, so it’s good we had that clue.
4. James Corden’s hilarious Lemonade spoof proves that late night talk show hosts have their own struggles. Mostly those pressures revolve around crafting the perfect monologue and Donald Trump jokes. Oh, and Becky with the good hair? It’s Jimmy with the good hair in this. Shots fired, Fallon! Or is it Kimmel?! #drama
5. This homesick dog walked 240 miles to go to its former home. Pero the sheepdog was given to a farmer in Cockermouth, England to help with herding at the beginning of March, but after a while, he simply started heading towards home. “We’d been told that Pero had disappeared, and was nowhere to be seen,” said Shan James, whose husband Alan went out to check on their farm’s animals one night to find Pero on their doorstep. “It was a bit of a shock,” she said, and the dog went crazy after seeing Alan. “We know that dogs can find their way home, but 240 miles is a long way to travel.” No kidding! Seems like we all get a little homesick after being away a while. (via BBC)
6. Quote of the day: “It’s not easy making connections as a senior. But we need it. It’s up there with Medicare and Social Security. I hope people remember that.” 90-year-old Miriam Steiner, who went on a blind date — her first date since her husband died in 1999. (via Facebook)
What’s the best or worst blind date you’ve ever been on? Tell us @BritandCo!