21 Ideas for a Snow Bunny-Approved Après Ski Party
The holidays may be long gone, but the winter party is definitely still going strong. So why not celebrate all things wintry and fun with an après ski party for your next get-together? You can hit the slopes (or the bar) and decorate your place with mountain-inspired decor, stylish ski props, and spiked hot chocolate to warm everyone up. Shotski? Check. Cozy attire? You betcha. Your après ski party is going to be the hottest party on the block with these ideas.
1. Après Ski Cookies: Decorate sugar cookies with festive ski memorabilia and pair with spiked hot cocoa for a match made in wintry heaven. You could even have a cookie decorating station to keep your guests entertained (and full of sugar). (via Cookeria by Margaret)
2. Society 6 Wall Tapestry ($39): Pin up a wintry tapestry like this for a mountain-inspired setting and epic photo booth backdrop. Now all you need are a few props and a shotski for the ultimate party pics.
3. ShotSkiShop Shot Ski ($58): What’s a “shotski,” you ask? Line up your shots on this classic ski to really get the party started.
4. PhotoPropsEtc Photo Booth Props ($46): A party isn’t complete without some props for pictures. This adorable ski-themed set is perfect for keeping your guests entertained all night long.
5. S’mores Shooters: Knock back your chocolate in concentrate with these scrumptious-looking s’mores shooters. Hollow out some toasted ‘mallows, dip in dark chocolate, fill with hot chocolate (or chocolate shots!), and sprinkle with crumbled graham crackers. (via Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
6. Snowflake Marquee: Go all out and create a winter wonderland in your space. This snowflake marquee feels like the perfect winter accent for the whole season and could be used for Christmas decorations next year. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Cute Photo Booth: To take your photo booth to new heights, set out your ski equipment with some fun winter accents, like hats, earmuffs, and more. Spray paint old skis and ski poles in a fun color for a cohesive look. (via Muffin Grayson)
8. Après Ski Pillow ($36): Spruce up your entertaining space or living area with this fun and festive pillow — it’s a stylish pick that will stay cute long after the guests have gone home.
9. Ski Sign: If you’re lucky enough to have snow outside your place, stick a few skis in the snow and hang a sign to direct your pals to the party. (via J. Sorelle)
10. Chocolate Peppermint Fondue: Fondue makes the ideal party treat because it lets guests control their toppings and dippers *and* requires minimal work from the host during the party. (via Food Fanatic)
11. Brooklyn Backroom Festive Shirt ($28): We just couldn’t resist this adorable t-shirt. It’s the perfect choice for your party ensemble.
12. Winter Cocktails: Whiskey adds an abundance of flavor and warmth to any cocktail, and these delicious concoctions are no exception. Make one, or all three. In any case, your guests will definitely enjoy whetting their whistles with these tasty cocktails. (via Coco + Kelley)
13. Onepiece Marius Onesie ($179): If you want to take it to the next après ski level, this adult onesie is just the thing. Pair it with a warm cocktail, good friends, and a crackling fire for your coziest winter fête yet.
14. Chick Design Boutique Personalized Paper Napkins ($28, set of 50): It can be hard to find disposable napkins for every single occasion in stores. But with personalized napkins, not only are you on-theme but you’ve got something no one else will have.
15. Shaylo and Lolli Baby It’s Cold Outside Banner ($22): If you throw a party without a banner of some kind, did you really throw a party? That’s the real question.
16. Après Ski Event Invites: Speaking of custom details, an actual paper invite (or digital card) is the extra special touch that no one expects but everyone loves. Find a template online or make your own by hand. (via Rebecca Yale Photography / Style Me Pretty)
17. Sprinkle Social Ski Trip Cups ($64, set of 25): For an outdoor event, you’ll want plastic cups that won’t break. Red Solo cups won’t cut it here, so invest in some custom goblets that your guests can bring home after.
18. The Decorative Company Ski Wine Stopper ($14): An event like this should involve as many small ski references as you can jam in. A wine stopper fashioned from an old trophy is the clear choice for your cocktail bar.
19. Simons Vintage Ski Tea Towel ($3): Bar linens are just as important as napkins. Pick up this vintage print that’ll fit right in with the rest of the scene.
20. Mocha Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate on a Stick: No hot chocolate bar is complete without a sweet indulgence. You just add these to hot milk and stir them around until everything melts. (via A Cookie Named Desire)
21. Ski Scene Cupcakes: When you’re throwing a themed party, nothing is safe from the cute decor, not even the dessert! Miniatures complete the look and give you an excuse to reuse all those bottle brush trees from Christmas. (via The Cake Blog)
What’s your favorite après ski party idea? Tweet your thoughts to us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau)