9 Looks You’ll LOVE from Target’s New Fall Plus-Size Line
With a nine billion industry in lingerie alone, plus-size clothing is a siren call for clothing companies everywhere (including Victoria’s Secret, where rumors have been flying about a plus-size Angel). Target has been majorly upping their efforts with a new devoted line called AVA & VIV. The company is pretty awesome at scoring some big names for their stylish collabs (um, <3 Eddie Borgo!), so it was no different when it came to their fall plus-size line. As we previously reported, Target enlisted the help and sartorial savvy of plus-size bloggers Nicolette Mason, Gabi Gregg and Chastity Garner-Valentine to design their new line AVA & VIV for fall 2015 and we FINALLY have the pix. Get ready to pin these almost shoppable (early August!) #OOTDs:
1. Comfy Athleisure: Chastity rocks this look with some bright colored sneakers and a yoga mat. We totally see going for a run in this getup then grabbing coffee with your girlfriends. Never sacrifice comfort for style — you can nail both!
2. Graphic Florals: The green pants! The multi-colored top! Everything about this look is super chic. This is the outfit to be seen in. It’s perfect for work, a date or perhaps just getting stopped by a street style photographer.
3. Perfect Faux Shearling: Shearling will be the must-have staple for fall. This faux shearling jacket is all the look without all the cost. We’re loving how Nicolette is pairing it with a maroon dress and an on-trend hat.
4. Casual Tee Perfection: The casual tee + shirt + sneaker combo is such a cool girl look. Do like Nicolette did and tie a long-sleeved shirt around your waist for cooler temps. This is the ultimate summer to fall transition outfit.
5. Plaid + Print: This outfit screams #girlboss. Chastity pairs her forest green plaid with bold printed pants and looks ready to go to a meeting and do some delegating. This look is also super versatile to dress up for dinner out or down for running errands — just change the shoes.
6. Long Cardigans: It seems like dusters are totally making a comeback, and we couldn’t be happier. These long cardis look great on pretty much everyone. The sweater comes in gray and camel. We predict this super stylish camel color is going to be everywhere this fall.
7. Black Moto + Bright Pants: Motorcycle jackets are pretty much synonymous with cool. Layer it over a button down top with some bright color bottoms for trendy date look.
8. Chambray Top + Printed Skirt: Do like Nicolette did and turn your button-down chambray shirt into a crop top and #rockthecroptop. This look is perfect for brunch with your mom or meeting your new boo’s parents.
9. Statement Skirt + Statement Bag: This skirt is guaranteed to turn heads pretty much anywhere you go. The super bold skirt looks amazing with a bright yellow bag to match. Chastity chose a simple white top to really let the skirt be the center of attention.
Are you excited about Ava & Viv? Do you have a favorite piece? Tell us in the comments below!