This Banff Elopement Is the Destination Wedding of Our Dreams
When it came to planning their intimate elopement, Chelsea and Phil decided to take their nuptials to the absolutely *breathtaking* Chateau Lake Louise in Banff, Canada. And we must say, this iconic turquoise, glacier-fed lake may be the most beautiful backdrop for an outdoor wedding ever. ENV Photography captured the beauty of not only the scenery but also the special love between Chelsea and Phil. With chic fashion, picturesque views, and an intimate group of guests, Chelsea and Phil’s wedding was one for the books. Scroll on to see all the stunning details!
1. Neutral Floral Bouquet: Chelsea opted for a gorgeous neutral bouquet with lots of texture thanks to the lush greenery and pops of soft purple blooms. This bouquet’s color scheme was a perfect complement to the turquoise lake. With an outdoor wedding, you want to let the scenery shine and pick a color palette that will work with the surroundings.
2. Sharp Groom: To play off the vibrant blue water of Lake Louise, Phil chose a sharp blue suit. This shade of blue photographs so well and is bound to be a trend in 2018 weddings!
3. Fashion-Forward Bride: If you’re looking for a simple dress with a hint of glam, take a page out of Chelsea’s book. Her White Runway dress was the perfect combination of classic and modern. Find a dress with a sleek silhouette and glam it up with a beaded shoulder piece or even a cape.
4. Emotional First Look: Phil’s reaction to seeing Chelsea for the first time is what we all dream about. The first look is an amazing moment that makes for priceless photos. Whether it’s a shared moment between the couple before the ceremony or as the bride walks down the aisle, it’s an epic event every photographer should capture!
5. Picture-Perfect Vows: In order to avoid having tourists in the background of all of their ceremony photos, Phil and Chelsea chose the upper Meadow at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. While it’s a bit tricky to get to, it was well worth it for the romantic, secluded nook. If you’re getting married in a popular tourist destination, opt for a ceremony space tucked away from the hustle and bustle.
6. Short and Sweet Ceremony: Remember, a ceremony doesn’t have to be long to be memorable! Phil and Chelsea kept theirs short and sweet, which is ideal for an intimate elopement. It also leaves more time for family and newlywed portraits.
7. Romantic Portraits: Talk about swoon-worthy portraits! After the ceremony, the photographer whisked the lovebirds away for portraits overlooking Lake Louise. While the area is often flooded with tourists, they were able to capture uber romantic and timeless portraits.
8. Mix-and-Match Wedding Party: Phil and Chelsea went for a fun mismatched wedding party look. Everyone picked their own outfits in a pink and navy color scheme and it allowed for each personality to really shine through. Choosing a mix-and-match wedding party for an elopement is ideal since your wedding party is most likely all of your guests. And you wouldn’t want all your guests in the same attire!
9. Family Moments: This day had no shortage of special moments with family members. It’s important to take time during your day to cherish the family and friends that are celebrating with you.
10. Semi-Naked Cake: Naked cakes were all the rage in 2016, and this semi-naked cake is a gorgeous spin on the popular trend. It’s a sweet combination of a rustic and classic look.
Congrats to the happy couple! Their intimate Banff elopement was truly a magical affair.
Photographer: ENV Photography