12 Soothing Products for People With Constantly Chapped Lips
No matter what season you’re in, your lips need some protection from the elements. Both winter winds and blistering sunshine can trigger our lips to chap, which means we should treat our delicate pucker with as much tender love and care as possible all year long. Scroll down for the best balms, masks, oils, and scrubs to rescue your chapped pout.
1. Malin + Goetz Mojito Lip Balm ($14): This long-lasting balm has no petrolatum products (the commonly used ingredient that actually dries out your lips over time and makes you “addicted” to applying more balm), and it keeps your lips hydrated for hours.
2. Supergoop Acai Fusion Lip Balm ($10): Moisture-rich shea butter maintains soft lips while the high SPF protects the delicate skin from getting damaged from the sun’s rays. Yes, you can get sunburned there too. Ouch.
3. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($20): Want to wake up to a perfectly hydrated pout? A sleeping mask works overnight (when cell turnover is highest) to repair chapping and smooth cracks.
4. Eos Smooth Sphere Lip Balm ($2): This drugstore find has no petrolatum but instead uses vitamin E and jojoba oil to make your lips totally kissable.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Sugar Lip Scrub ($18): Sometimes your lips need to get a quick scrubbing in order to renew themselves. Swipe on this sugary treatment to whisk away dead skin and reveal softer, more supple lips.
6. Lush Lip Service ($11): For chappies out there who want an earth-friendly, sustainable option that delivers amazing hydration, this beeswax and fair trade shea butter balm tastes and feels good on every level.
7. Drunk Elephant Lippe Balm ($18): This balm doesn’t just condition, it also plumps your pout to make you feel like a total bombshell. Plus, it’s infused with vitamin C and green tea to help fight signs of aging.
8. Kiehl’s Butterstick Lip Treatment ($20): Oh, the wonders of coconut oil know no bounds. This deeply effective, 100 percent natural treatment keeps your lips “like buttah” for up to 12 hours.
9. Nooni Applecoco Lip Oil ($12): Are balms a little too greasy for you? A light lip oil is a great option for people who need treatment minus weighty formulas. This non-sticky oil blends in instantly so your lips feel pillowy soft.
10. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($24): A lip treatment that’s airy and replenishing? Check. What about one that comes in tons of gorgeous colors? Double check. This cult-favorite balm keeps your pout nourished for hours.
11. Avéne Cold Cream Nourishing Lip Balm ($14): This creamy balm is great to put on under lipstick, so you don’t need to worry about your favorite matte color drying you out.
12. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Intensive Lip Balm ($20): For intensely chapped lips, you need to bring in equally intense ammunition. F.A.B.’s formula is concentrated and free from petrolatum, so your lips will feel moisturized all day or night.
Do you have any recommendations for lip care? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.